Epilogue

You stood alone in the room. You had sent Wanda, Nat and Pepper out a little while ago to get some alone time. Some time to breath and let yourself relax. The butterflies in your stomach were flying around and had brought on a kind of queasiness. You walked over to the whole body mirror and tried to breathe. The reflection that stared back at you with big eyes did not really look like you. Not the usual you at least. There you stood in a wedding dress. It was beautiful. You looked fantastic and a bit pale. How had you gotten here? You asked yourself. A little over a year ago you had been crying yourself to sleep because of Steve Rogers and now you were marrying him. It was still hard to understand sometimes that Steve loved you, for who you were. He wanted to spend his life with you. You lifted your hand and looked at your rose gold engagement ring with the diamonds sparkling in the light. It brought you back to the day he had asked you to marry him.

Steve had whisked you away on a date. You had been a couple for 6 months and he had always made time for dates and time together, even if it was just a simple movie night in one of your rooms. He had helped you patch everything up with your father and you all had dinners together when you could. Your father loved Steve and was pleased with your choice in a boyfriend.
Today Nat, Pepper and Wanda had made an extra fuss about your date and helped you find a gorgeous red dress. You felt like a queen waiting on your king when they were done. There was a knock on your door and outside was Steve. He held a bouquet of blood-red roses and you saw his eyes widen.
"Wow," was all he could say. You laugh and took in the look of him. He was dressed in a dark blue suit that sat like a second skin and he was so handsome. You wanted to pinch yourself in the arm. How could this man be yours?
"You look breath-taking," Steve said and handed you the roses. You smiled and lifted them up to your face. Your face was starting to heat up.
"We should go," Steve said and fiddled with his cuffs.

"Are we in a rush?" you asked.
"No, but if we don't leave now I will forget about the date and take you to bed," Steve said looked down in the floor.

"That works for me," you answered, but he shook his head and took your hand and pulled you out in the hallway.
"Not for me," Steve muttered. "Later." His eyes twinkled with something you could not place.

Outside a limousine was waiting for you and inside it was your favourite chocolate and champagne.

"You spoil me," you breathed out after your first bite of chocolate. Steve smiles at you and caressed your arm.

"You deserve it," he smiled and you leaned over and kissed him. He pulls you into his arms and you open your mouth for him. Letting him in. You start hissing your skirt of the dress up to sit in his lap when the limo stops. Steve and you draw back looking at each other. He clears his throat and you smile at him. His eyes are so blue and you can see the lust and love in them.
"We are here," He says and opens the door. He goes out and he hands you his hand to help you out. When you stand up and see the place you are at you let out a gasp. It was fairy lights everywhere and a path. Steve linked his arms with you and you started walking down the path. After a bend, you came upon a table by a lake. It was roses on the table, champagne in a bucket by the table and fairy lights and candles everywhere.
"Oh, Steve," you said and looked up at him. He smiled at you and gave you a wink. You walked over to the table and he pulled out a chair for you. You sat down and music started playing in a low volume. It was perfect. Steve opened the bottle of champagne and poured you a glass and then one for him. There were advantages of not being able to get drunk any more. You could have a lot of champagne without getting tipsy.
"Steve, this is amazing," you said and looked around.
"You are amazing," Steve said and reached over the table to take your hand.