5: A Trip to Tony's Home

The quinjet can be seen flying its way across the afternoon skies of new york. The remaining avengers quietly sat down as Rocket did the flying.

Natasha was lying her head on Banner's right shoulder as the pair slept. Rhodes can be seen talking to Rocket while Steve can be seen checking something on the computer. Thor was admiring the clouds and the afternoon scenery through the window as Carol checks her pager.

Silence filled the jet as Thor turn his head to glance at Carol whose checking on something. Steve glanced at them as he turns off the diagram, walking his way to where Carol is as she quickly looked at him.

"So, 1995".he said as he sat beside her. Carol smiles as she turns off her pager.

"Yes, and you're...?".

"1941, joined the army, got rejected and enlist myself again".he said as Carol looks at him."Given a chance to make a change and... let's just say i did a sacrifice and got myself frozen".they both chuckled a little as Carol smirks."Must have been hard...".she said as Steve looks at her."Hm, so hard.. i mean, sleeping for 70 years is a terrible experience.. i wouldn't know if i'll ever woke up or anything".he said as Carol smirks a bit."I guess you're quite older than me".she smirked as Steve grins."Well, a hard time adjusting on that thought".he said as they both chuckled a bit.

"Hmm, so many things had happened..h-how..how did you all end up, you know..together?".she asked as Steve was about to say something when..

"Fury, you're friend had this initiative...called us in because of Thor's brother Loki involving the tesseract".Banner said as Carol glanced at Thor who glanced at them upon mentioning Loki's name. Banner coughs a bit as Carol clears her throat."Right, i guess the tesseract did bought us to something we quite don't expect".she said as Steve raised his eyebrow."What i meant is, so because of Loki..you guys became a team?".she asked as Steve grins while Banner chuckled a bit."Complicated beginning but yeah...".he said as Carol smiles."Does it have a name?".she said as Steve was about to answer when."We're the avengers".Thor said, oblivious to them that he had been listening as Carol raised her eyebrow."Wow...i mean, that's my call sign when i was in the army".she said as Steve looks at her."Really? Wow..never knew you joined the army".he said as Carol smirks a bit."Long story, let's just say i have a past in here that because of the tesseract".she said facing Thor."I've come to the realization i've been used all my life".she said as Thor's face softened, Steve patting her shoulder.

Rhodes sighs as he watched Rocket do the piloting."So, you said you have a friend name Quill, i mean..where are you from? How come you can talk?".he asked as Rocket rolled his eyes but softens a bit."Well...complicated actually..we we're criminals stealing stuff across the galaxy, my partner was Groot, well you probably saw him while we we're fighting back a day ago. We we're stealing this...stone that we just learned was the power stone. Let's just say i teamed up with those morons and boom! we became the guardians of the galaxy".he said as Rhodes raised his eyebrow."And...where are they now? How did you get here anyway?".he asked as Rocket looked away. Rhodes stared at him still as Rocket sniffs a little."We found Thor while we're tracking the distress call across the empty space, we helped him out and he told us about the tragedy his people and his brother had experiences on the hands of Thanos, so he told us to go to this legendary weapon maker to create the thanos killing weapon Thor needed, and we went here to find and kill Thanos...my only regret is leaving the others out there...i just..well after the snap, i never heard from them anymore".he said as Rhodes stared at him with a concerned look. He sighs and patted Rocket's shoulder.

"It's alright little dude, we'll come up with the plan to get our friends and everyone back".he said as Steve walk towards them and smiles at Rocket."You're with the Avengers, Rocket. You don't have to worry anymore".he said as Rocket gave them a small smile. The quinjet can be seen moving its way to the right as they saw a huge building on the horizon.

"Yup, buckle up everyone, we're near Tony's compound".Rhodes exclaimed as Thor stands up, walking his way to check while Carol does it too. Steve frowns a little as the quinjet can be seen flying near the compound. Natasha woke up upon hearing Rhodes while Banner smiled at her a little. Rhodes watched as in the view, a woman was standing, waving at them as he widened his eyes.

"Steve..".Natasha said, standing up as Rhodes looked at the woman waving was no other then Pepper Pots herself.

"She's alive!".Rhodes exclaimed as Rocket quickly moved the quinjet to land on the ground safetly. Pepper Pots can be seen overwhelmed with uncertain emotions at the sight of the remaining avengers landing in front of her.

The door of the jet quickly opened as Rhodes ran towards Pepper, giving her a warm hug  as Steve, Banner and Natasha soon followed. 

"Oh my gosh Rhodes! I thought...the news...everyone..".

"It's okay...shhh it's alright Pepper, right now my gosh! You're alive..damn it".he muttered with worry and relief as Pepper glanced at Steve as he smiled at her in relief. Natasha walked towards her as Pepper break free from Rhodes and gave Nat a warm hug also.

"My god, what happened? The news..everyone just...gone..Tony where-".

"It's safe to talk to this out inside, what matters is your alive and we need your help".Banner said as Pepper nods her head, walking with Nat and Rhodes along with Steve and Banner inside. Rocket safely made sure the jet is safe and secured. Thor grabbed his axe back on his grasp. Carol was about to leave when Thor grabbed her hand. This scared Carol a little.

"Is this yours?".he glanced his eyes on the pager as she widened her eyes, checking her pocket as she smiled at Thor softly."Y-Yeah..i..thanks".she was about to get it when he grabbed it, handing it to her. She was about to say a another thank you when he left coldly. Rocket sighs as he walks out of the jet as Carol inhales sharply, walking her way out of the jet.

The remaining avengers can be seen walking their way inside the compound with Pepper when up in the sky, a clear and bright shooting star that resembles a ship can be seen falling.