T H R E E

Jasmine
I was getting ready to leave and go and catch the bus.Until these set a boys walked up on me and started talking to me .

"Aye little mama?" Bryan said .
I smile and waved.
"What you up too later?" Carlos asked.
I shook my head saying no.
"You smoke?"Carlos asked.
I nodded.
"You want to come with us around the corner? We just finna smoke and chill. Nothing else." Bryan said reassuring me.
I nodded.

The bell rang and we started walking. They kept me in the conversation without me having to talk.We reach some apartments. I looked around not to much but just enough to know my way home. I didn't ask my mama cause her ass don't be paying attention to me. We walked inside and it was like abandoned apartment. We went to the kitchen and they got the weed out. I type on my phone and asked them,
"What kind is it?" I handed the phone to Carlos and he hand the phone to Bryan.
"It's OG Kush, baby".
I nodded.
Bryan still had my phone and he was typing on it, then finished rolling the blunt on it. I chuckled because he could have use the table and he didn't. He looked up seeing a smile on my face and hand me my phone and the blunt. Carlos threw me the light. And I sparked that bitch up. I don't have baby lungs, so I hit that bitch hard. Then I hit it soft and passed. I seen that Carlos and Bryan looked at each. But I didn't pay it no mind. Bryan had his turn so did Carlos. I realize Carlos wet the blunt and I slapped his neck hard as hell. I didn't mean to slap him that hard.
He laughed and said, " My bad."
We passed around and I guess Carlos wanted another blunt in the rotation because he started rolling. I thought I heard the door but I didn't want to say nothing because I didn't want to get paranoid.But some dude walking in so I guess I wasn't crazy. But I was faded as fuck, and didn't care. They started talking but I was zoned out.
Last thing I heard was "Come on". I got my shit and headed towards the door. We did a little driving that I didn't mind. I was looking at all the landmarks just in case this nigga was up to no good. Till we stopped. I heard car doors open and close I didn't pay attention. Till I got a sting on my leg. It made me look up at that dude. He's the one who pushed me. But shit it's whatever now. He told me to get up in front and I did as told. I gave him my address he asked my name. I was decidedly whether I wanted to tell him or not but shitted. I realized I'm thinking to hard and just told him.
"Jasmine". I said.

Two minutes later

We pulled up. I hopped out just to all most fall.
I shock my head of embarrassment. I walked in to the house to see that nigga from last night hitting on my brother. And my mama on the ground. She looked like she overdosed. But I had to snap back to reality and help my brother. I only heard him crying and heard the man saying " SHUT YO ASS UP" I grabbed the vase that use to have beautiful flowers and water. But that died a while back and we left it there. I threw it at his head and his ass fell to the ground. I tripped on his had tryna run to the kitchen. And hit the floor face first. The pain didn't hit me. But I knew it would hit me later. I grabbed the food stamp and WIC card out the drawer. I grabbed East and started packing as much as I could as fast as I could. I had a couple dollars and the food stamp card, and all so had WIC for East. (WIC-The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children).We started walking not knowing where to go. I tried calming East down but he was still in pain and I couldn't stop that. My head was everywhere and I couldn't think straight. I thought that nigga killed my vibe. And also my brother. It made me feel guilty because if I would've just went home. He wouldn't have gotten in the mixed of my mama bullshit. It made me want to cry. But I had to focus on what was next.

I kept walking till someone jumped in front of me.
"What happened" I looked up to see his face. This same dude just want leave.I looked at him but I couldn't speak.
"Talk to me" He said.
"H-He was h-hitting h-him" I said studding on accident. My adrenaline was to fucking high to the point of my whole body was shaking. He told me to get in the car. And I did. I put East in my lap. He was still whining but calm down as he realized that we were some safe.

10 minutes later

East past out and I got nervous just looking at him so I would shake him to see if he was still alive. And he was. But I'm that didn't stop my head from thinking the worst. A phone went off and I thought it was ole dude but he passed it back and said,
"Answer that nigga so he can shut up". I looked and it said Bryan ❤️:
you good, bby?
Two missed calls from Bryan ❤️
I need you to answer yo phone
Me: I'm fine. Don't worry about me.

We pulled up to a house that looked nice on the outside. We all got out and walked to the door. It was nice on the inside as well. He showed me to a room downstairs and I sat East down on the bed and sat down in a chair that was in the corner of the room. And looked at East who was still asleep. I didn't know what my next move was going to be. And that drove me insane. I'm only 17 and I don't have a job. And I'm taking care of my baby brother. With no place to stay. I started to feel lightheaded and I didn't notice that this time I was crying and started to breathing heavily. My body started to shaking again without me being able to control myself. I tried to stand to my but I failed and fell on the floor. I was slightly thankful that ole dude had carpet. I felt a pair of hands helping me up and taking me to a different room. I couldn't see because of my glossy eyes. But I couldn't hear him talking to me.
"What happened? I need you to tell me" He said.
I wiped the tears from my eyes and tried to control my breathing but next thing I know it all went dark...

____________________________________
Ohhhh how y'all feeling ????
Make sure to vote🤩🤩.