Akechi

"Fuck him!" You scream, slamming your locker door and hurrying to put your school shoes on. "Why can't he die already?!"

"Y/N, whoa hey, calm down..." Mori attempts to calm you and put on her shoes at the same time. "He's probably going to be in a different class and have different friends, he won't take everything from you, you know."

"He already took my pride and threw that out the window."

"Um... oof?"

You storm away to your classroom, fists balled in anger. You sit in the back of the class in front of Mori, who brought breakfast for the both of you. "You want the melon bread or sticky bun?" She ask you

"Pork?"

"Pork."

"Sticky bun, please." You lean back in your chair to grab the sticky bun, watching the world turn upside down. Since this was in your daily routine, the affects of turning upside down in your chair suddenly and going back to see the world downside up didn't happen to you anymore. No more dizziness or sudden nausea for you, first year had already had its fun with that.

"I was thinking about getting some strawberry milk at the machines today." Mori tells you with the bread hanging in her mouth. She plays on her phone, legs crossed. "But I ain't got money."

"I'm not paying for your drink."

"Oh, I know, that's why I'm going to work today."

"Huh? Oh, work..." You glance into your wallet and think for a minute. "Where to today, that guitar shop or the convenience store?"

"Dunno, maybe I'll go into the guitar shop."

"You know what, you just reminded me, I have to feed Sherlock today."

Mori pushes the last remnants of the bread in her mouth and swallows after chewing. "Oh yeah, the little dude! How's my precious plop baby?"

"You mean, my precious plop baby."

"That's what I said."

You chuckle. "He's doing fine, I guess. Grandma said he misses me a lot, since he's always trying to make his way to school by escaping his terrarium."

"Again? How cute! He's such a little trickster baby, I swear I'll steal him one day."

"Just try and steal him, see what happens."

A rush of fangirls scream in excitement as they enter the classroom, following an all too familiar face. You push your chair back to Mori's desk and let her lean over her desk to hug you from behind. The position you and Mori were in at the moment was a defense position to ward off anybody who looked dangerous or was dangerous to you two. This person was a danger to both of your lives, a person who could only be described as a man of talents that threatened to tear you two apart.

"Akechi." You mouth quietly.

"Y/N." Akechi mouths Back as he sits in front of you, his congregation of fangirls swarming around him, blocking you and Mori's view.

"What a jackass." She whispers to you, making you giggle. The bell rings, signaling the start of class and end of the fangirls' storming of Castle Akechi. To you, I looked as if the boy was relieved that they were gone.

The rest of class, you struggle with flicking a wad of paper at his head.

—————————————————————————————————————————

"Let's see... I've got drum practice at 6 tomorrow and work today from 5 to 9, I'm all booked!" Mori closes her mini calendar book and grins at you. You sigh and shrug, looking at your phone and pulling up your conversation with your Grandmother. Mori stretches and glances at the sunset above the school gate and behind you, smiling as she waits patiently for a response from you. Students file out from the school, all done with club activities and things like that. Many walk home in groups or pairs, with few walking home or to part-time jobs alone.