Ready as I'll ever be

This entire story is based loosely off that song/the animatic with it. I may be making a book based off it too with entirely different characters. Please watch the animatic before the story so you can hear the song at least once.

In a far off land of medieval magic, there was a kingdom by the name of Jorelin.

Jorelin was ruled by a gracious king. King Thomas.

King Thomas had a daughter, Princess Aurora. She was a beautiful girl with powerful magic.

Working within the castle were a few friends of the princess.

There was the royal advisor, Logan. He was wise and kind. He tutored Aurora and gave her her lessons.

Then there was Luke. He was a strong willed boy with a spirit for adventure. He was tough and he was good.

Then there was Alexa, she was training to be a knight and was doing rather well.

While Aurora was good friends with these three, she was closer with the last. Andrew, the captain of the guard.

Andrew was a peasant. He'd grown up dreaming of being royalty. But the closest he could get was a knight. So he held that position with pride.

One day, a stranger came to the kingdom.

He handed out small but beautiful roses to everyone he met as he headed toward the castle.

This stranger wore a cloak that covered his face. He headed toward the castle and as he got there, he was stopped by Andrew.

"State your business" Andrew said.

The man began to mumble quietly, looking straight into the Captain's eyes.

Andrew felt himself fall into a vague consciousness as the man's lips changed into a smirk.

"You have always dreamed to be a royal... And now you can be... You just have to do one thing.." the man said

"Anything" Andrew said, his voice slightly deadpanned.

"Kidnap the king, give these to everyone in the castle... And you shall have your subjects" the man said, handing Andrew the bundle of roses.

Andrew nodded and walked toward the castle in a determined state.

The man grinned and left without another word.

Andrew walked through the castle, giving roses to everyone he passed.

When Princess Aurora saw him, she grinned. "Hello Andrew!" She said.

He looked at her with a sharp gaze, his once brilliant blue eyes were blood red.

She was taken back by this change. He said nothing to her and handed her a rose.

She looked at it silently and watched as he walked away.

Logan appeared behind her, a rose in his hand as well.