Chapter Six; Killer

My life seemed to reeling before my eyes as I lost track of how long I was in that chair. My life from when I woke up, every second of it seemed to be repeating in the darkness of the room. Every face and every word causing my head to pound and my ears to ring. I felt like deep down I was going to go mad, how could anyone stand a sense deprivation chamber. 

Before I could tell what was going on, I started to cough and my eyes went blurry. My nose wrinkled from the green glowing scent that was casading out of the air vents. I couldn't stop my body as it started to shake. My eyes started rolling back, and then everything went black. 

I could tell the lights came back on from my eyelids, but I couldn't seem to open my eyes. I was in my head walking around my brain, looking at the locks that were surrounding me. Normal pink matter was tinted green, and muffled screaming started. At first I didn't hear it but I started moving closer the source the louder it got.  My feet sprinted off in that direction but I got stopped by a gate leading to it. At the base of the gate was a box, I picked it up and examined it. A message was scrawled on the front and I looked at it; as a reflex I flinched.  

"Are you sure you want to know?" - Jerome

I pried the lid open a key covered in blood was staring up at me. Fresh blood lined the box. Looking from my hands they too now were drenched in blood. I dropped the box and stared at my hands, they were read until my elbows. I bent down and grabbed the key. Clumsily, I put the key into the gate and walked through it. The screaming got louder.

The passage way turned into a hall way and photos now lined both sides. I looked at them. Photos were of Jerome, Jeremiah and I. I stared at them, none of them looked happy. When I came to the end of the hall, the last photo was a bloody hand smear with the words 'play with me' written under them. I started to shake but continued forward. My heart lurched when I came the room from where the girl was screaming. I studied her, I realized it was me. She was backed into a corner with a man standing over her with a butcher knife. 

"You and your brother killed the wrong person," he said right before bringing down the knife across our face, "bring me my money or your brother gets it too."

My heart raced as the scene just kept repeating itself. I backed away, disgusted and backed myself into another room. The room was dimly lit and there was two chairs face each other. A sign above one said 'Be seated'. I sat in the red one, and waited. Foot stepped approached, there seemed to be a season of rhyme as they approached and my head turned. Jerome. 

He smiled down at me, "Long time no see," he said sitting down. 

I studied him and he studied me. A smile beamed on his face and it widdend. He leaned forward and looked at me harder, studying my scar and my face. Keeping a poker face he pushed my hair behind my ear. 

"Genetic beauty," he said looking at me, "Almost perfect except for one flaw in your DNA."

"Which is?" I asked.

"You really want to know?"

"Yes.

"You're not going to like it" he said in a sing song voice.

"Just tell me."

He motioned for me to lean in and I complied with the hot feel of his breath on my ear, "You're just a test tube experiment" he said with laughter. 

"Wha-" I began.

My eyes flicked open and Madeline was over me with shock paddles. My chest started stinging, but besides the dull ache I didn't feel anything.Everyone was looking at me, and I assumed Jim was on the phone with Jeremiah as he told the other person on the line I was fine before hanging up. Confusion filled my face as everyone stared at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"You've been dead for three minutes, how are you alive?" Madeline stared at me, her mouth falling open.

"Science, apparently." I coughed sitting up, shaking my head to rattled the cobwebs out of it. 

"Remember anything?" Edward asked.

More memories flooded my head, "More then I care to admit". 

"Welcome back to the land of the living" Bullock offered.

"Glad to be back" I said hacking.

"Get her a water".

Madeline came rushing back over a glass of water and looked into my eyes. It unnerved me, but I didn't look away for second. 

"I know the eyes of a killer when I see it." 

I sipped the water, "Takes one to know one" I said catching her off guard.