Chapter 40

The next day

''You are hereby pardoned from isolation'' Hitman Bang nods in approval. ''I hope you behave yourself from now on. Go inform the others please''

You sigh in content, climbing up the stairs to find Jackson and tell him.

Finally...

You hear footsteps behind you but disregard them, assuming it was some random student.

Clearly you were wrong.

''Hey, Y/N'' a set of sturdy hands slam you onto the wall, a sly smirk dancing on his lips. ''I think you're hot''

Eyes widened, you stare at the figure across you, and all that escapes from your mouth is a shaky ''So?''

Taehyung grins, his messy hair shifting. ''So did my pick up line work? Do you like me now?''

You half scoff and half laugh, trying to look as nonchalant as possible. ''What the heck...no. Why do you even bother?''

''I can't help it...'' he sighs, running a hand through his tousled hair. ''I'm a boy in luv''

His face suddenly turns blank, devoid of any of his previous amorous advances. You gulp as his eyes bore into yours, the heat of his gaze resonating through your very core. ''w-what?'' you stutter.

''Look me in the eye and tell me you love Jackson''

His eyes are fixated firmly onto yours, gleaming in anticipation.

''I...'' you gulp thickly, your tongue slipping out to moisten your lips. ''....love...Jackson''

He leans in, the heat of his breath washing over your ear. ''...why did you hesitate?''

Your body tenses as his face brushes past yours, reaching to your neck in a swift motion. He gently sucks on the skin beneath your ear, alternating to soft kisses as he trails down your neck.

Your breathing hitches as his lips move below your collarbone, the softness almost melting on your skin. He pauses, his thickly lashed eyelids fluttering closed for a moment.

''If you don't like it...tell me to stop''

His slender fingers trace along your jawline, trailing down to the top button of your shirt. And with a swift click, he unbuttons it.

Your throat is dry, and you find yourself unable to talk.

Dammit, Y/N. Say stop...you internally curse at yourself, as his lips travel lower and lower.

''S-stop'' you finally manage to breathe out, somehow out of breath. He stops immediately, standing up straight again.

''okay!'' he grins, patting your head.

And then running a hand through his already messy hair, he walks off.

You let out a big breath you didn't know you were holding and fall to your knees, clutching your heart. ''what the fuck''

-

Taehyung enters the boys toilet, leaning against the walls to calm himself down.

He walks towards the sink and splashes cold water onto his face, his trousers tight.

good thing she told me to stop...

From the mirror he sees another figure enter the toilet, and it stops momentarily to glance at him.

''Hey, Jackson'' he greets, their eyes meeting at the mirror view.

''wys'' he responds lamely, eyebrows raised inquisitively.

''nothing...'' the tap water stops running, prevailing silence. The air is thick with tension, and the tiles squeak as Taehyung walks past him. ''by the way...your girlfriend is beautiful'' he whispers, walking out the door.

''what-'' he turns around to confront him, but he's already gone.

-

The bell rings, signifying home time.

Even though you had been dismissed from isolation, the classroom was dead and dull.

Everyone had their heads down, getting on with their work. And Jackson, you had noticed, looked a little off.

He waits for you outside by the gate, a lonesome figure in the midst of grouped students. You catch up to him, and he perks his head, nodding. ''let's go''

The two of you walk through the streets in silent harmony, no words exchanged. Your fingers fiddle nervously on your side, and you can't help but feel guilty at the thought of today's previous events.

Was I being fair on him?

The cool breeze flowed through your hair, tousling it into buoyant curls as you tucked it behind your ear. ''Jackson...'' you softly call, stopping at the end of the street.

It's now or never.

He tilts his head, stopping with you. ''yeah...?''

You keep your gaze to the floor, biting your lip. ''I'm...I'm sorry''

You don't look up at him, but his unwavering gaze and silence urge you to continue. You gulp harshly, your words stuck in your throat like ice.

You take in a deep breath. ''I don't think things will work out..''

A few more moments of silence, and a low laugh escapes his lips. ''You're breaking up with me?''

You lift your head up, eyes strained. His expression is pained, but not surprised. ''Is it because of Taehyung?'' he asks quietly.

''not...just him''

He shoves his hands into his pocket and looks away. His face is blank, devoid of emotion. ''I guess I saw it coming'' he sighs, his eyes staring vacantly into the distance.

''It's not fair on you...I only agreed to date you because of something petty. I'm sorry...''

His gaze falls on you again. ''I did fuck around with Jisoo too...so I guess it's even'' he shrugs.

huh

You feel a great weight get lifted up your shoulders. ''So...we mutual?'' you lightly smile, extending out your hand.

He smiles back, scratching his nape. ''I guess'' he shakes your hand, and adds ''We can remain as best friends though, right...?''

You grin widely, nodding. ''Always''

A/N: Tae: I'm good boy

         Also Tae: