Entry Three

<The following entry is dated a day after the previous.>

Begin entry?

<audio enabled.>

<visual enabled.>

Why is it that superheroes always get these cool origin stories? Like, Captain America was fighting Nazis and then was frozen in ice for seventy years. Scott just fuckin robbed some dude's house and got a badass shrinking suit from it. Daisy- mm no, actually, getting incased in magic rock sounds awful. Maybe not all cool. 

Anyway, where was I? The tablet died right as I got to the dramatic part, which was fine because they came to collect it literally like a minute later but really, where was I?

 Oh yes, I have lightning coursing through my body. And unlike in the comics, I did not in fact receive the ability to manipulate the weather. Immediately. That came later. At that moment though? I don't really remember what happened, because I promptly passed out. I was told later my dad received the blunt of the bolt. He died as it hit him. My mom watched it all. Sometimes I wonder how she survived the trauma of it all.

Even though it was pouring buckets outside, the flaming tree in the yard spread its flames to the lab itself. Miraculously the room we were in didn't receive to much damage, so the next morning when the government guys found us we weren't burned to crisps. Contrary to belief, touching a person who's been struck by lightning won't, like, shock you or anything. But my mom had tried to grab me, and tripped over the same electric wire I had. We've obviously got that god like athleticity in this family. That's not a word, is it.

But my mom flew backward from the shock, and slammed into the wall, sliding to the ground. This was the years before the HYDRA reveal, so it turned out some SHIELD agents found us the next day or something and brought us back to their super-secret base. My mom and I were in critical condition, they even convinced that big shot douche bag surgeon from New York down to work on us. Probably cost a fortune. 

My mom was almost fine. The surgeon did good work on her. She had a pretty big cut on the back of her head. And when she had landed she did something to her nerves that really fucked her legs up- she walked with crutches and leg braces. He got to me second, and that point I guess a lot of the damage had already been done. He did a fine job- I only lost 30% audio in my left ear, 60 in my right. The scientists, they looked at me and whispered I should have been first. But it wasn't the end of the world. One of the scientists gave me these little hearing aids they had outfitted for me, and they worked well enough. But going from full hearing to less than half really sucked. If someone was behind me, I would almost never notice until they tapped me or something.

<The girl seems to catch someone's eye out of the camera view, and waves at them. There's a two second pause and then she smiles, sniffing a little bit and blinking. She noticed someone else, the camera records showed someone approaching her at a similar time stamp as from the video.>

Oh, I've run a little late, sorry. Well, goodbye I guess.

<visual disabled.>

<audio disabled.>

End of entry.

Published May 10, 2019. 516 words. Thanks for reading.