Battlefield

Rebecca is a fighter.

Not just physically but mentally too.

She is still alive. She is still fighting. And if she keeps fighting, she'll survive.

Stiles had been on the phone to Lydia the past couple of minutes, and from what I had listened to, she wasn't taking the news about Bex so well.

"I cannot believe you let her come with you in the first place"

"You know how stubborn she is!"

"She's definitely going to be okay though, right?" Stiles hesitated before answering. "Stiles?"

"I honestly couldn't tell you" he replied. "Lydia, please don't cry"

"I can't lose her like I lost Allison. I should have stopped her. As soon as I got that feeling, I should have stopped her from leaving"

"Like a Banshee feeling?"

"Like a Banshee feeling" She repeated.

"Did you-"

"Scream? Yes. And I freaked the hell out of your dad and Mason"

"Look, Lydia-"

"I know, I should have told you"

"It's not your fault" Lydia didn't say anything. "Look, I've gotta go but I'll text you when we get back. Okay?"

"Okay"

Stiles hung up and came and sat next to Scott.

"Is she healing?"

Scott shook his head in response.

"She's definitely going to heal though, right?" I asked.

Scott shrugged.

I sighed.

"Scott, it's okay. This wasn't your fault"

"I promised that I would protect her and I couldn't even do that"

Promises are a commitment.

Which, I guess, is why Becca never made promises. She didn't want to let anyone down.

But in the church, she promised me she'd be back. Even if she did say it for reassurance, she still promised. And she promised she'd always be with me; in my heart.

That's what love is. Love is keeping that promise.

~

"Do you remember your first full moon?" Stiles randomly asked Scott.

"Vaguely"

"I chained you up and you went crazy. We had an argument because you made out with Lydia"

"Oh, yeah?"

"Well I told Rebecca about you that night. She didn't freak out, she didn't cry, she wasn't angry. But she wanted to help you. And how old was she, like twelve?"

"What are you trying to say, Stiles" Scott asked impatiently.

"Finding out your brother is a werewolf is a lot to deal with. And turning your sister into a werewolf is also a lot to deal with. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Rebecca was strong for you. And right now, she doesn't need you drowning in your own guilt. She needs you to be strong for her"

Scott glanced down at his shoes, not meeting Stiles' eyes.

"And you, Liam" He said. I looked up. "Remember your first full moon?"