. 3

the following night, oliver and arianna decide to help me get ready to meet this boy and his family before informally moving into his place tomorrow.

"bitch! look at you!" oli yells as i come out of the bathroom in my seventh outfit idea.

"damn mami! spin for us!" ari complements and spins her index finger in a circle. the black dress i have on, hugs everything. i do a few twirls and blush as they clap.

"ou- can i do you makeup?" ari asks as a sit at my vanity. i nod and turn my chair towards her.

"so do you know his name or anything about him?" oli asks as he sits in a chair next to me and scrolls through his phone.

"no. well, after my meeting with ross, his lawyers said that his name was brandon and when i asked ross about it. she said that i can find that out when i meet him." i groan as ari practically punches me with the beauty blender.

"oh my god- wait- is callie going with you on your first date?" ari exclaims as she arranges my makeup in order of what she still needs to do.

"um, i think so. his management team wanted a formal introduction to both families in case someone feels the need to say anything and our little secret gets out. since my mom is restrained to her living facility back in seattle they requested callie to join us. but they have their own table in a different part of the restaurant," i move my hair up into a bun and listen to arianna as she moves my face around and finishes my makeup. i quickly curl my hair and oliver whistles.

"this boy is going to be allllll over you elizabeth!" i grin and we all take a few pictures when callie knocks on my door.

"you look nice, liz." my sister grins.

"thanks- are we leaving now?" i ask and fix my rings.

"yes ma'am." she leads us all downstairs and i say goodbye to oliver and ari, promising to text and let them know how tonight goes.

the ride there was silent. i was getting cold feet; my first big opportunity. everything seemed okay, live with him, fake date him, and escort him around, how bad could this boy possibly be?

when we arrive to the restaurant, a family is waiting by the door. callie gives the keys to our car to valet as i begin walking up to the restaurant.

"hey, i'm callie, her older sister." callie says and holds out her hand.

"hello." the other women grins and gives her a hug instead.

"this is- halie get him for me-" she says to a girl a little older than i.

"hi, i'm gina arreaga. this is my husband, chris- our daughter, halie- and this is brandon-"

"hi uh- i'm elizabeth taylor." i try to put on my best smile.

"thank you so much for doing this, elizabeth. his music is everything... have fun tonight!" they move to enter the restaurant and they are seated in a private section with his management team. and i look at the boy. brandon. brandon arreaga. he isn't hiding under his clothes anymore and i can see more than just what lights up. like his unruly dark auburn hair with the same dark brown eyes. his glasses are up against his face and his nose piercing and chains shine in the dim lamp light.

"after you-" he motions to the door. we get a table in the dead center of the restaurant and i slide in on one side and brandon slides in on the other.

"what's your name again?" he asks and looks up from his menu.

"my full name is aspen elizabeth taylor. but if you call me aspen you will no longer have a tongue to say it-" i reply and tilt my menu down.

"damn- feisty. good thing i like a challenge. so aspen, i'm not a charity case. i caught my girlfriend cheating on me and went a little crazy. honestly, i'm over it. just leave me alone these next six months and i'll do my thing and you can do yours." brandon fixes his glasses and i nod.

"why did you decide to do this anyways?" he asks as the waiter leaves after taking our order.

"my career for the most part. climbing the social ladder any way i can. the part about my mom sounded pretty great too, though," i shrug and mess around with my silverware and napkin.

"oh yeah. what's up with your mom anyways?" he asks, mimicking my actions.

"lung cancer. she has been on hospice for awhile now and taking care of her got to be too much so my sister decided to put her in a living facility that could ask help her health wise." my bottom lip begins to tremble and i bite it, hoping to stop the rising tears i have. when i look up at him, he offers me a small smile and i send one back.

our food comes out quickly and we both get engrossed in eating.

"brandon..." i repeat to myself after awhile of silence. he looks up and raises his eyebrow.

"uh- just trying to remember your name..." i mumble. i have to admit, he looks cute. if the circumstances were different i would definitely try hooking up with him. now, he's being a dick.

i shake the thoughts from my head and as i near the end of my pasta, i get a text from callie for brandon and i to meet up with them and have dessert. this message was luckily passed on by his mother too as he has already flagged down our waiter requesting the check and to-go boxes. we get the rest of our pasta packed and move over to their table.

"hey lovelies, sit- sit-" his mother urges. brandon and i take the two remaining seats next to each other and i put on my best fake smile. everyone continues their meals and conversations. when they finish, a waiter brings out dessert and sets it in between brandon and i. brandon frowns and goes to ask for another plates but his mom glares at him. while sighing, he picks up the spoon and smiles.

"here babe- open wideeeeee-" he smiles and i stare at him wide eyed. he moves the spoon towards my mouth and i reluctantly eat the dessert. the adults grin and complement us as he blushes.

"so brandon, we were talking and callie said aspen is moving in with you and gets to meet your band-" his mother responds sweetly.

"i know... they determined that. even though the house is just for the band," he rolls his eyes at his manager.

"i think it will be a good experience!" she looks like she's disappointed with his response as they begin to whisper-bicker. if i have to live with brandon for the next six months, i could care less where i sleep. if nothing else, i can just leave and stay with oliver or something or even go back and stay with callie again. how would they know?

their bickering ends when brandon throws his napkin on the table and storms out of the restaurant, his father following him. his mom politely apologizes and gives me the address of his place.

we decide finish the night early by signing paperwork and non disclosure agreements. when i'm done, callie excuses us to allow me to pack my suitcase and grab things i want to take with me. back at home as i'm taking off my makeup, i look through some lyrics for my next instagram caption.

 back at home as i'm taking off my makeup, i look through some lyrics for my next instagram caption

liztaylor
- i think this is how love goes

comments
princeoli THE LIGHT OF MY LIFE YOU BETTER
FACETIME ME

bitchyari WHEWWWWWW HOT MAMA

thehomiefaith okay go off queen

basicallybecca i feel ATTACKED

c.allie oh my god

brandon_arreaga . it was great seeing you tonight 💛

@brandon_arreaga has followed you.