Ch.3

Gemini

"Now Gem don't we have a family dinner this weekend

"Now Gem don't we have a family dinner this weekend." My mom said over the phone and I rolled my eyes. Those things never actually turned out to be just a family dinner. Somehow what my mom deems as eligible bachelors and their families make it there too. I've managed to avoid it for now but I know my mom won't rest until at least one of her daughters get married and give her some grandchildren.

"Of course I didn't forget mom." I sighed as I continued to wipe down the counters. The early morning rush was over so I let the workers take a small break so they can be prepared for the lunch rush. "Good. So when do you think you're going to start dating again?" She questioned slyly and if I rolled my eyes any harder they would fall out of my head.

"Whenever I'm good and ready mom." I said just as the one person I didn't want to see walk into my business. "I'll call you later mom I have customers coming in." With quick talk to you soon and I love you's I hung up and looked over at my sister.

"Your mom just got off the phone with me, she's tired of you not answering her calls." I said and watched as she just scoffed and shook her head.

"She's your mom too Gemini, and I don't have time to hear her talking about how I should stop living my best single life and settle down becoming a man's bed wench and doormat."

"I didn't even know people still said things like bed wench." I laughed out but, I did agree with my sister. That was all my mom seemed to be talking about these days. "You don't think she's dying do you?" I questioned softly and Jade frowned at me.

"Of course not she would have said something if she was. You know she can't keep secrets, especially something that big." Jade said and it was true my mom couldn't keep secrets to save her life.

"So do you want to go shopping for this family dinner?" I questioned sitting down across from her. "Of course I do that's why I came over here." She rolled her eyes dramatically and I laughed. I knew she wouldn't be mad at me for long. Bring up shopping and she'll forgive and forget easily.

"I need to find something sexy because I heard through the grapevine that the Moretti family is coming to our family dinner." She said and I almost groaned out loud. Of course my family had to be involved with the mafia.

"Why the hell are they coming to our family dinner?" I questioned trying to seem casual. I'd rather not go through the whole meeting the mafia man with my sister. She would be on my ass more than our mom.

"Dad is friends with the head of the family." She shrugged and that literally gave me nothing to work with so I just let it go for now. Later I'll call my mom about it and she'll tell me everything. I was about to say something when the little bell indicated someone had walked in.

Of course, of freaking course it just had to be Luca. Guess if you speak them up they shall appear. He made direct eye contact with me before heading towards our table. "What are you- is that Luca Moretti!?" My sister questioned looking from him back to me. If I could just disappear right now I would.

"Hello beautiful." He smirked and I raised my eyebrows up at him before taking a quick glance at my sister who still seemed to be in disbelief. "Is there something I can help you with?" I leaned back into the seat and crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him.

He was about to say something when my sister cut him off. "Wait just a damn minute!" We both looked over at her as she looked at Luca then back at him. "When the hell did you meet a Moretti?" She questioned and I shrugged. It had been a few days since that wonderful first time meeting each other and this is my first time seeing him since then.

"It was a few days ago." I told her simply no need to go into detail about how I was ready to be shot in the face. "I walked into her bakery by accident but ended up finding way more than I needed." He said he had his eyes trailing over my whole body because I'm so awkward and hate being looked at. All I did was flip him off and turn away from him.

Jade gasped while Luca let out a hearty laugh I wanted to smile just hearing him laugh but, I was going to be stronger than that. "Oh my goodness Gemini stop being so rude!" My sister exclaimed and I looked over at her in shock. Did she not just see how he was looking at me?

"I'm so sorry my sister is being rude to you." She apologized, batting her eyelashes at him. "So I'm sure you heard about coming to our family dinner this weekend, right?"

Luca looked over at me with a perfect arched eyebrow and I shrugged my shoulders before looking away again. "Well now that I know the family dinner will be held at your residence I will make sure that I am in attendance." I could feel his eyes on me but made no move to look his way at all.

"Yes you should match me." My sister suggested happily and it took everything in me not to scoff out loud. One thing I knew for sure once my sister had her eyes on someone she wouldn't give up until she got them. "No if I'm going to match with anyone it will be with Gemini."

I smirked over at my sister, she wasn't used to being blatantly rejected especially for someone who's showing some interest in me. "I'll text you and let you know what color we will be wearing." I said with a bright smile on my face. He looked shocked for a second before he chuckled.

"Anything for you." He said then leaned down and gave me a sweet kiss on the forehead. I wanted to melt right then and there cause forehead kisses are my weakness. With a nod to my sister he walked out of the building living my heart beating in my chest wildly. I have to get that checked out that can't be something normal.

"Stay away from him."

I stopped my thoughts and looked over at my sister who was glaring at me. "Excuse me?" I questioned quietly noticing more and more people were coming in for the lunch rush.

"I said stay the fuck away from him Gemini he is mine." She said trying to intimidate me but that wasn't going to work on me at all. I wanted to laugh in her face but I don't think I want to beat my sister's ass in my store. It's not good for business.

"And why should I listen to you?"

"I'm the future Queen of the mafia world not you." She sneered and this time I couldn't help but laugh. "I don't know what you're laughing at but I'm serious Luca is mine." She started firmly but I still wasn't paying any attention to her too busy wiping tears from my eyes.

"Jade you're my older sister and I love you dearly but, one thing I will never let you do is think you can boss me around. Luca didn't come here for you, he came here for me. He wants to match me." I said leaning in close to her face, even if I didn't have feelings for Luca I wasn't about to let my sister think she could just use him to gain power.

"If anything you better stay away from Luca." I said firmly, finally standing up. I was done with this conversation and I had to figure out how I was going to get Luca's number then debate on if I wanted to tell him about what my sister really wanted from him. I stopped short when my sister grabbed my wrist.

"I'm only going to tell you this one more time Gemini, stay away from Luca."

I snatched my arm out of her grip and glared at her. "I'm only going to tell you this once Jade."

"May the best sister win."

Jade