CHAPTER FIVE

CLAIRVOYANT

[ CHAPTER FIVE: COKE ]

"YOU KNOW YOU'RE KINDA STRANGE, IN A GOOD WAY"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

"OH, HELLO AMBROSE, HOW ARE YOU TONIGHT?" Gwendolyn asked the man who had just opened the door for her.

She had teleported all the way to the path leading to the Spellman Mortuary, and walked her way up to the house. She figured there was some sort of protectant that wouldn't let anyone near the house during teleportation, which is how she got dirt all along her stockings from her trek.

"I'm fine Gwendolyn, to what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked with his sinfully sweet voice. He was always a huge flirt, something she had never grown accustomed to, so she looked down as the apples of her cheeks grew warm.

Looking up with an unsure smile, she tried to ignore his handsome face as she brushed off some dirt from her stocking clad thigh. "I'm actually looking for Sabrina, I've been tasked to bring her to her baptism."

"You just missed her." Her smile fell as she looked at him with confusion.

"Wait w-what? I just missed her? Where did she go?" Gwen asked in bewilderment. She stared her friend's cousin down waiting for him to answer. If she showed up to the baptism without Sabrina, the high priest would have her head.

"She went to a party." He said simply leaning against the door.

"Where?"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

Walking up a small stair case onto a porch, Gwendolyn frowned as she stared down a pumpkin with a face on it. Looking up and around, she didn't understand really what she was looking at. There were streamers and candles and white fabric w black eyes hanging from the awning. It was all in all... different.

"Is this what a mortal All Hallows Eve is? Strange." She whispered to herself as she flicked a hanging bat with her finger, watching as it started to sway.

Not sure if she should knock or just enter Sabrina's mortal friend's house, Gwendolyn decided the latter. The house was playing loud music and she didn't think anyone would really hear her from the noise. Slipping inside, Gwendolyn's eyes widened at the sight before her.

Kids her age were chatting all around her dressed up in ridiculous costumes. Looking down at her outfit, Gwen hoped she didn't stand out from the bunch. She didn't want any of the mortals to really acknowledge her, let alone ask questions as to why she wasn't dressed up or who she was.

Closing the door behind her, Gwendolyn casually walked throughout the house looking for that blonde head of hair that kept alluding her. She thought she was going to have a nice night, read some of her favorite horror books, go to the dark baptism, celebrate with Sabrina and her family, and go home and take a relaxing bath, but no, here she was chasing down her half mortal friend in a sea of full mortals.