#2 Madison

"I love you my son." The blurred image whispered and disappeared.

Richard Madison hated these dreams. He couldn't tell if they were real. He had been an orphan for as long as he could remember but luck had been on his side and he had been adopted by one of the richest people in Ochre. He woke up and brushed the image aside. The recurring dreams gave him chills. He could only assume his parents must be dead. He turned over and found he wasn't alone. Long brown hair tumbled over the bed covers and a sleeping form lay next to him. He also could never remember the women he brought to bed. He quietly got up and headed for the bathroom. Grabbing his phone on the way he saw several messages. A few from his ladies. And one from, his mom. Asking if he remembered he had a meeting at the tower. The family business. His parents were out of town and to give him some responsibility they would force him to "run" things. Truth be told he didn't need to be there. The place ran itself and had sufficient caretakers and managers. His parents would not actually entrust their hard work with their directionless adopted son. Throwing his phone on the couch he jumped into the shower. Willing the water to wash away his grim dreams and the thoughts of his birth mother.

Muffled noises came from the room.

"Hmm, Richard?"

Oh shit. Can't remember her name. "Yeah, just taking a quick shower." He didn't want to wait and see if she'd join him. He had things to do.

When he was done he quickly rummaged through his cupboard for something appropriate to wear to the tower and as a hint to the mystery woman that he had to be somewhere important.

"Hey, I gotta get to work."

"Oh, yeah." Dragging a bed sheet with her, she started to scrounge for her lost clothing items, which seemed to be dotted throughout the bedroom and hallway.

As they hopped into his Porsche 918 Spyder, he clicked the remote for the garage door to open. He thought if he'd been a better boyfriend he would offer some coffee and breakfast, but he didn't even know what this was. He also wasn't too versed on how to use kitchen utensils, having been privileged to have everything made for him. His life consisted of parties and McDonald's for the hangovers when his parents were out of town. And at 20 years old and some lucky genes he was able to keep a reasonably good physique considering his diet and exercise regime were non-existent.

He dropped the woman off at her apartment. She winked and slipped a card onto his lap. A goodbye kiss and she walked off into the building. Richard picked the card up. It had her number, but no name. Well, he fucked that up.

The Madison building was dark, grey and unfriendly. Richard hated coming to this place but his parent's insisted that he should learn the ropes of running a business. He didn't care much for it. He walked in with his shirt hanging out, he'd misplaced his tie somewhere between home and here...did the woman take his damned tie? Ah, well.

The receptionist greeted him, he nodded allowing his sunglasses to slide down his nose. He caught the lift and grimaced.

"Ah, Young Madison."

"Mr Carver." He nodded unpleasantly. He disliked the man. Always preaching about how hard his parents had worked and he was taking everything for granted. He stood motionless hoping the man wouldn't speak.

"Is your mother and father back from their trip?"

"No."

"Oh, they've been away a long time don't you think."

"Uh. No."

"You must be taking strain running such a large company alone."

"No." Richard had hoped his monotone answers would shut the man up but to no avail. At last the lift tinged and Mr Carver climbed out.

"Send my regards to your parents!"

The lift closed and Richard murmured "No."