sixty one

- taeyong

10 minutes.

10 minutes of me trying to pick which snack would she like.

1 minute passes.

I still couldn't even of what snack she would like.

Angrily, I grabbed my head and tighten the grip. I thought to myself,

What was her favorite snack back then? Didn't she love that sweet honey potato chips? Or did she fancy the spicy one? Maybe a healthy snack would be appropriate for her right now? Should I buy just both? What about soup? Maybe that'll cool her fever down... But what flavor does she like again...?

Impusively, I grabbed all of the snacks that were neatly stacked on the shelf and placed it inside the shopping basket. I hurriedly walked up to the cashier and payed for all the items bought.

After exiting the convenient store, I made my way down to the street and walked. Enjoying the calming and peaceful air. Walking at the side of the road in a busy city, gleaming with lights and flashy people.

I hate it.

But one things for sure is that, the calming and gentle breeze of the city air allows me to reminisce the old times. The old times with... Miyeong.

Miyeong.

I will never give you up. I will never let you go again. Please just let me help you once more and you'll be able to forgive yourself, Jaehyun, Ha Ri, and me.

Especially me.

While silently walking down the road, strange and weird thoughts came about. All of a sudden, I think about the truth, the guilt, and the shame that I would have to share to Miyeong soon.

Should I? I don't want her to hate me again.

Tonight be the perfect night to tell her, though. There won't be any problem, right?

Maybe, I can delay it. It'll be too much for her to handle.

This is for her own good.

Miyeong, if the truth will come out, please do not leave my side again.

Do not let go of that string of hope.

- miyeong

"What's taking him so long?"

I stopped on my feet and looked at my phone. The time, 10:12PM, is seen brightly on my lock screen. I immediately felt my cheeks flush and threw my phone angrily on my bed. I flopped on the couch and sighed heavily, "what am I thinking? Why am I so worked up with this?"

"He's just a friend. Taeyong is just a friend. I need to stop thinking about him, I need to stop thinking about. I don't know why I'm thinking of him that way."

Suddenly, an image of him popped up in my head. Grabbing the soft and well-designed pillow, I tightly gave it a hug and buried my face on it.

Me, myself, I could feel my hot face.

Suddenly, why am I acting this way?
Isn't he somehow... My ex now?

Unexpectedly, Ha Ri enters my mind. The time when she and I were together in her home, smiling ever so gently at me. Then I ask myself...

Why does no one ever tells me anything anymore?

Across the room, my phone chimed from my bed. I quickly walked towards the bedroom, grabbing my phone excitedly until the first thing that popped out from the screen was a name.

Jung Jaehyun

Anxiously, I swiped the screen to check his message. To my surprise was a simple greeting, and a short explanation.

JAEHYUN
hi

JAEHYUN
i'm not entirely sure if you'll be reading my text but

JAEHYUN
i hope you're doing well. i mean it

JAEHYUN
i owe you an explanation. i really do

JAEHYUN
i

JAEHYUN
can we meet at the nearby park?

JAEHYUN
let me explain to you please

JAEHYUN
please give me a chance

JAEHYUN
ill be waiting for you

My eyes widen in shock, my heart beats several times. My mind is all over the place. I stare at my phone screen and couldn't help but think of the times Jaehyun has ever been so persistent.

A moment of realization arises as I looked at my chat with Taeyong. No reply.

I sighed and slumped down on the floor, curled in like a ball. Gently, I placed my forehead on my knees and pulled them tighter and closer together.

"What do I do..."

I still love Jaehyun. I really do. But why is it that my heart beats for Taeyong? This is unfair. It can't be like this.

I got up and grabbed a jacket from the coat racket. Immediately I went on my phone and texted Taeyong,

MIYEONG
taeyong

MIYEONG
im sorry

MIYEONG
please dont come anymore

note

hi! im really sorry for the super late update. this year has been such a rollercoaster ride for me that i havent been able to write. i wont go into detail, but im okay now :>
im truly sorry and i hope you understand. but truth be told, there are new chapters saved in preparation for the finale :>

i hope you like today's update! let me know in the comments how you see the ending haha! ♡

thank you so much for supporting the fic until now. sending love and hugs to you right now! ♡ pls do anticipate for the next updates. see you there!