Without You

Riker P.O.V

What was about to happen next, I definitely didnt expect. Ashley walked in and looked and me and Ross. "I've decided." She tugged on her hair and looked down. When she looked back up, she was crying. "I chose neither of you. If you love something, let it go. I let you go." Id rather have her with neither of us than with her being with Ross but that killed me. "What?" Ross screamed. "What?" I repeated quieter. "I cant keep hurting you guys. Just move on."

She walked up stairs and came back down with her bags. She hugged everyone good bye. "I guess ill see you at home." Cat said after hugging Ashley. "Yeah.." She looked at me and Ross and hugged us individually.  "I love you." She whispered before she left.

And just like that, she was gone. What did we do?

The next two weeks were a total drag. The group didnt feel the same with out Ashley. I was certainly miserable. I couldnt wait to go home.

Ross P.O.V

I dont think ive felt this empty since the last time Ashley left. We were finally home though. But there was a new car in Ashley's drive way.

We all walked into the house while Ashley ran towards us and hugged everyone (besides me and riker). She looked so happy. Maybe its just been awhile but she looks better than ever. And I just look like a miserable zombie. Suddenly, a tall brunette boy the age of Ashley walked out side and grabbed Ashley's waist. "Stop!" She teased him. "Guys, this is Chris. I met him-" She started laughing. "at the cafe." He finished. "Ugh stop doing that!" She playfully punched him.

Riker walked out as all of this was happening. He was as stund as I was. This has got to be a joke. "Well let me help you!" Ashley said as she grabbed some bags and put them inside.

*Later that night*

"Well she was ordering a cappuccino and i looked over and I thought 'She looks totally rad.' " Chris said as we gathered by the fire. What a joke. Cat walked inside and I followed her. "Hey, Cat?" "Yeah Ross, whats up?" "Dont you find it strange that she moved on so fast?" Catherine paused. "Yeah. Maybe." She shrugged and walked out. Somethings not right here. And I was gonna figure it out.

Ashley P.O.V

Chris eventually had to leave. He kinda filled that void that Riker and Ross left so I gave him a chance. It felt so awkward being alone with the gang again, after they all got quality time together for the past two weeks. "So how was vacation?" I asked as I used my finger to spoon some whipped cream off the sundae Rydel made me. "So much fun!" Ross bragged. "Oh cool." I nodded. "I thought it was pretty miser-" Ratliff said while Ross punched his stomach. "Never mind." Ratliff groaned while walking out of the room, holding his stomach. "So. Have you fucked him yet?" Ross turned to me. "Excuse me?" I choked.  "Just wondering." Ross innocently sipped his drink. "No. Like its any of your business...." "Well if he does, ask him if he can taste me." Ross said before he walked out.