The Beginning...

Ermias P.O.V

14 years ago

I was awaken by small hands tapping on my face. I slowly opened my eyes and there stood my little sisters Samantha and Sage with a sadness in their eyes. Before I could say anything I heard the horrid screams of my mother.

This was the fourth time this week.

I sat up and picked them both up and began to rock them to sleep. Samantha was 5 and Sage was 3 but c both could still grasps what was going on. I reassured them that our mother was going to be okay. I know I was lying through my teeth but they were to young for the reality. I just knew the last thing I wanted them to think that it's okay for a n*gga to put his hands on them. After about fifteen minutes they were sound asleep. I laid them down and kissed their foreheads.

I got up and went across the room to my older brother Samiel, Blacc Sam is what we called him, he was a hard sleeper. I lightly tapped slapped his face a little. He woke up startled, he could be antsy sometimes.

"Relax n*gga it's me" I whispered. He looked at me in confusion. I could tell he was wondering why I was waking him up at three in the morning. Another scream broke out before he could gather his words. He gave me a look that that indicated he caught on.

"I'm sick of this shit" he whispered. His voice was filled with anger. He shot up out of bed and threw on a shirt. I followed right behind him and did the same. Ever since our mom met Melvin it's been nothing but hell. He'd constantly beat on her just because he felt like it. He'd even beat on Sam and I sometimes, starve us even, all because we weren't his. It didn't help that he was my sister's dad but at this point this shit had to stop.

"Come on" Sam semi yelled. I had been waiting on this moment for a long time. It was time we put an end to this shit. We barged out the room and headed to the commotion. My mother laid their on floor lifeless, her blood splattered a bit on the tile. For a split second I thought she was dead until she cried out in pain.

"Get y'all asses back in the room" Nate growled. I looked at Sam waiting on signal or some type of instruction on what he wanted me to do.

"We not going nowhere!" Sam yelled backing bucking up at him. He had his checked poked out and fist balled up. I followed his lead, we were ready to go to war behind our mother.

Nate laughed shaking his head. "Well I guess I gotta lay y'all out just like her huh". He slowly started walking towards us. Me and Sam at each other, although he was my big brother and was looked at as the sole protector of us. I could see the fear in his eyes and I knew apart of him couldn't do it. It was up to me and I didn't mind for them? It was well worth it.

"Get behind me Sam!" I yelled he was startled and a bit shocked. He was hesitant at first but slowly inches behind. I could tell he felt like he let us down but he shouldn't. I can name countless of times Sam was there to save me. I'm just returning the love and loyalty. With no hesitation I lunged at Nate with all my might. He was shocked I even had the guts to but I've been waiting on this moment ever since he first laid hands on my mother. We startled to tussle back and forth I was putting up a good fight. I eventually was able to get on top of him.

"You think so tough nigga? Hit a man!" I yelled while punched him. "I should've did this shit a long time ago!" I punched again. "You'll never lay another hand on her again fuck nigga" I punched him this again but this was different, I could feel his jaw crack. Next thing I know Sam jumped in and we both were tagging his ass. We kicked, punched, shit we even grabbed items. Sam eventually got tired but I didn't my adreline was high and I saw nothing but red.