V. 🏁

Detective Ward's P.O.V.

"Can someone please find that Junie kid and bring him to me! Crenshaw isn't that fuckin big!" I said yelling across the office

"Can someone please find that Junie kid and bring him to me! Crenshaw isn't that fuckin big!" I said yelling across the office. I shut my office door behind me and plopped down in my chair. I've been working this Rollin 60's case for months now, Junie is my best informant. He'd check in with me every week on the burner cell I gave him. I was beginning to become concerned, it's been a week and I haven't heard from him.

I looked up at my postal board, it had every detail even the smallest ones about this case. I had everything I needed for a RICO charge but I didn't have one thing I needed to bring this altogether.

Nipsey Hussle

To be quite honest, I don't even know if he's an actual person. Junie has claimed to have been in this dude's presence countless of times but can never get his real name or at least a picture. As far as I know he's a Crenshaw myth and glorified street tale.

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Come in!" I semi-yelled. My second in command on the case and right hand man Tyrone walked in. He nodded his head towards the door signaling me to come out. I got up from my desk and followed behind him as he led me to a table that was filled with evidence.

"You wanted us to find your boy right?" I nodded as he continued to speak. "Well he's at the Rosedale Cemetery" he said throwing Junie's obituary on the table. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

"How?" was the only thing that could come out my mouth. It's very rare that a death especially one of an informant bother's me. Junie was different though, he had potential to be more than just a gangbanger.

"They found em on the corner... his product and money were gone. If you ask me I say a junkie did it" he said shrugging his shoulders. I shook my head obviously not agreeing with his theory.

"No.. No... he was too smart and too hard to let a junkie do this to em. Somebody caught on to him.. Someone knew what he was up too" I said countering him.

"Look man I kno-"

"I'm adding his murder to the case" I took his obituary and put it on the investigation board.

"You've been headstrong since academy days.. I don't know why did I think this would be any different but as always I got your back dawg" Tyrone said supporting my decision. "Except when it involves her" he tapped my shoulder and pointed towards the door. I cussed at the sight the sight of her. By the look on her face I knew our conversation was going to be anything but pleasant. She was definitely about to add onto the stress. I stared as she stood in front me with a hand on her waist and briefcase clutched in the other.

"Good Afternoon DA London" I flashed a fake smile. She rolled her eyes and waved me off.

"Cut the shit Ward, you got anything new for me?" she said walking past me and to the board.

"Uh well uh you see" I stuttered across my words not knowing how to tell her the news.

"Uh well I see what.. speak up" she said in an Impatient tone.

"Our informant got killed" Tyrone blurted out. I cut my eyes at him and he shrugged mouthing "my bad". She paused at whatever she was doing and sat her briefcase down slowly turning towards me. She took a deep breath before she began to speak.

"What do you mean he died" she asked. I was about to answer her but she cut me off and continued on. "An informant we paid thousands of dollars? An informant we made sure had a place to hideout? An informant you BEGGED me to-" she stopped and took another deep breath this time closing her eyes.

"Look I know your pi-"

"Pissed? Oh no I'm mad as fuck.. This case is about to go to shit" she chuckled throwing her hands up.

"Not entirely.. I have an idea" I said trying to convince her.

"Mm I'm listening" she folded her arms. I walked to the board and pointed at Junie's obituary.

"If we find his killer then we find the connect" I tried to sound as convincing as possible.

"How sure are you on this?" she said looking at the board.

"I'd bet my badge on it" Tyrone looked at me like I was crazy.

"We have a deal then because if I don't get an arrest within the next month or so I'm shutting this shit down..Which means your ass is out of a job.. Oh and him too" she said pointing her finger at the both of us.

"We won't let you down DA London" I nodded. Tyrone looked at me then put his head in his hands.

She picked her up briefcase and headed towards the door. She stopped and turnt around to say one last thing.

"I'm not fucking around anymore Damon.. I want this Nipsey.. Nip.. Hussle man whoever he his, FOUND!" by her tone I know she didn't expect anything less. I'm going to deliver him to her by any means necessary.

You can believe that..

I decided to give y'all back to back updates since I was gone for so long. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!

What's y'all thoughts on Detective Ward putting his job on the line?

Do y'all think they have a chance at catching Nip?

Comment, Like, Share, and Subscribe 💙

#LongLiveHussleThaGreat 💙🏁

District Attorney Lauren London

Detective Tyrone Jones