We can't

Fletch was down on Keller. As he spoke to Ange and Chloe he played with the gold band in his pocket
"Not seen much of you in these parts recently Fletch" Ange commented
"Ah you know things to do people to see"
"Haven't seen you at Albies since quiz night either" Chloe added "you should come out, me and mum are heading over there later"
Ange raised her eyebrows- this was news to her.
"Now there's an offer that's hard to refuse but I'm afraid refuse it I must. I have plans and if I'm honest I'm a bit skint"
"Another time then" said Chloe, earning herself a glare from Ange
At mention of the quiz night, Fletch's mind wandered back there
Flashback
Jac Naylor was standing in his kitchen. More specifically a very drunk Jac Naylor was in his kitchen. Drunk and sexy. All he could think about was kissing her again or pushing her against the kitchen counter and ...
"So are you going to tell me why you haven't been around?" Her voice cut short his lewd thoughts.
"More wine? Brandy or a cuppa" he asked stalling for time
"Brandy please"
He poured two glasses of brandy out and stood next to her where she was leaning on the counter. Focus Fletcher.
She sipped the golden liquid that slightly burnt her throat but then produced a warmth in her belly as she looked at him expectantly.
"Ok" he took a deep breath "after we'd spoken following the kiss and you had decided that you didn't want to risk our friendship and give 'us' a chance"
"When we decided "
He ignored her "when you decided our friendship meant too much to you I found myself struggling to be near you. Couldn't be near you if we were never going to be anything more. I thought I would get over it and be able to go back to being good old reliable friend Fletch"
"You were always more than that Fletch. We had banter, you made me laugh and infuriated me in equal measure. You weren't scared of me and called me out on my shit"
He took a slug of brandy
"I'm sorry Jac" he said sadly "when I saw you tonight and touched you and kissed you it has made it painfully clear my feelings are pretty much unchanged. I'm sorry "
He reached for her hand and intertwined their fingers
"Fletch we can't" she whispered barely audible as she stroked his knuckles
"I know" he said looking down at their hands "we really really shouldn't" she said  shuffling nearer so that their hips were touching and leaned her head on his shoulder
Fletch kissed the top of her head and she sighed softly turning her face towards him drawing him into a kiss
End of flashback
He blushed, he could not be thinking about what happened next in the middle of a busy ward.