i. CREATION

Are you there?

Have we successfully connected?

The voice reverberates through her head. Pounding fills both her ears and mind, pain echoing through each and every cell of a body that has yet to exist.

(Did it exist? It wasn't likely she would be in whatever plane of existence they were in if it didn't. Was she a soul? She wasn't one to believe in the myths of being divided into seven colors- or even not having one as a monster.)

(Monsters not being able to feel hopes, or dreams, or things like that. It was all so unbelievable.)

Your soul, the voice speaks again, almost as though it could hear her thoughts, is an insignificant speck. A mere gnat in the grand scheme of the universe. What does it matter what you do and don't believe in? Your opinions, your thoughts, your feelings; none of it matters.

Ouch.

Maybe the voice could hear her thoughts. Maybe it was being rude to get a rise out of her. Maybe, if she knew where she was, she would find a door that would lead her out of whatever hell she was in and go home.

(Did she even have a home?)

This is no hell, nor is it heaven. This is your home.

The pounding had lessened, but a feeling of suffocation and claustrophobia took its place instead. There was a presence, a dark, dark presence that pressed itself around the amalgamation of her body. She couldn't breath-

(Did she need to breathe?)

She couldn't move-

(Could she move in the first place?)

She couldn't see, taste, smell, feel, sense-

All she could do was hear.

The voice was amused by the overwhelming emotions she was feeling.

Excellent, truly.

The voice was growing impatient, she could tell. She was hyperaware of everything the voice felt and exerted, fake or not.

Now, we may begin. You must create your vessel before I release you into the world.

A vessel? Like, a doll that she'd inhabit? Maybe she could make it look ugly. Scaring people with it would be fun.

When a body appears, she feels more autonomy over herself. Either she floated closer or the body bonelessly limped towards her, but she was to busy examining the complete and utter blankness of it.

There was no defining genitalia, no face, no hair, no clothes.

It was just a dull grey- something like a real skeleton.

I take it that you like it? The voice was quieter, directly in her ear this time. Something was touching the top of her being, a hand, or something, maybe. It is yours to customize. However you may like.

Though she knew there was nothing besides her and the body in the endless amount of space, she still felt the urge to turn and look at the voice that spoke.