Secrets | c.b.

I walked into the small english class and sat in my usual seat behind Colby, setting my bag down next to my chair. Colby walked in and smiled at me, sitting down and getting out his binder. He scribbled something down on a piece of paper and folded it before handing it to me. "Are you coming over today?" it read, I smiled. "sure :)" I wrote and handed it back to him as our teacher walked in, Colby read the note and looked back to smile at me. 

Keeping a relationship a secret was hard but we've managed to do it for almost six months now. I'm the one that wanted it that way, my brother would've been pissed that I fell for one of the band kids. I've always looked up to my older brother, he was a star student and our high school's senior quarterback. He always told me I was worth more than I what I was choosing in men, but he didn't know Colby. In fact, I'm sure he didn't know he existed. 

I sat through english until the lunch bell rang and was one of the last people out, behind Colby, of course. I smiled as he took my hand and intertwined our fingers until we got to the hallway. He smiled, "see you later," he whispered before we part ways in the hall. I went to the lunch room and sat at the table, waiting for my brother and his friends. "Hey, short stuff," Tyler walked up behind me and patted my shoulder. "Hey, guys." I said as the football team sat around me.

"So, Y/N, I heard a little rumor from Y/B/F/N. She let it slip that you might have a bit of a crush on some Brock kid." Isaiah said, and I blushed. "You mean Colby Brock? In band?" I asked, and he shrugged, "I guess so." I shook my head. "Nah, he's kinda good looking though." I said, giving my orange to Tyler from the lunch our mom packed. "Don't go falling for the dork now, Y/N." Tyler told me and I rolled my eyes. 

Going through the motions of the day, I heard the last bell ring and went to my car. Colby was already waiting by his, two cars away. He walked over and sat in my passenger seat. "Why do we never sit in your car?" I asked, "Your windows are tinted, mine are not." Colby told me and I nodded understandingly. "Colby, I think we should be open about being together." I said suddenly. "Okay," he said "I've been thinking about that too." he told me and I smiled, leaning over and pressing my lips to his in a soft kiss.

I went home, texting Colby that I'll be over soon. "Hey, mom. I have to go tutor this kid, I'll be home later." I said, she smiled. "Alright, sweetie. Be safe, I love you." I said. I left and drove the few minutes to Colby's house and got out, knocking on his door. I heard Koki and Foxie barking before the door opened and Colby let me in. I picked up Koki and smiled as I kissed the side of her face. 

I followed Colby into the kitchen and watched as he dug through the fridge, pulling out two capri suns. He handed me one and smiled as I hopped onto the counter. Colby stood between my legs, "So, you know how we were talking about coming out as a couple earlier?" I nodded, "Well, you know that means your brother will find out, right?" I nodded again, "I don't care anymore. I love you, Colby. That's stronger than my fear of being judged." I said, Colby smiled, pulling me into a kiss. "I love you too." he told me.

I took a deep breath and grabbed Colby's hand, pulling open the door and walking into the school. I smiled back at him once we were through the doors. I walked to my locker and joked with Colby that Tyler might want to kick his ass once the word gets around school. Through the day, Colby walked me to class and he even walked with me to the lunch room. I walked up to Tyler and gave him his lunch, "hey, Ty, this is Colby. We've been together for like six months," I laughed awkwardly. Tyler nearly spit out his water. 

"Six months? Why did you wait so long?" he asked and I shrugged, "you're kind of an ass about who I date and I didn't want Colby getting any shit." I said, grabbing Colby's hand and squeezed it a bit. "Does he make you happy?" I nodded, "Has he hurt you?" I shook my head, "Treat her right, brother." Tyler shook Colby's hand and I nearly fainted. "That's it?" I asked, taken aback. "Yeah. I could always tell with all your other flings that you weren't happy. If you are, then I am." I smiled and nodded. "Hey," Tyler called out as we headed out of the lunch room, we turned to him, "seriously, if you hurt her, I'll kill you." he said, Colby nodded awkwardly and I rolled my eyes before walking out. 

We walked into the forum and down the hall, finding Sam and Katrina. "Guess who isn't gonna died today!" Colby squealed out as we got within earshot of them. "You?" Kat asked and we nodded, "man, look at you guys, being able to walk around holding hands and shit." Sam said and we laughed, I sat next to Katrina and Colby, leaning my head on his shoulder. I smiled happily, "I love you so much," I said, kissing his cheek. Colby looked down at me, wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my temple, "I love you too, baby." He said as the bell rang. "See you after school?" Colby asked, holding close to his side. "Most definitely," I said, smiling wider. 

"hey, mom. this is my boyfriend, Colby. Ty likes him." I said, Colby shook my mom's hand and smiled. "I'm happy for you, dear." she said and I smiled, "me too, mom, me too." I said, pulling Colby to the couch with me to watch television.