Hell to Pay - Chapter 1

Possessed Kai AU- Ch.1 | Hell to Pay

Inside Steep Wisdom the ninjas are all gathered at the front of the shop.

Misako: "It's the police. They said there's been a break in at the museum and are asking for Lloyd."

Lloyd: "Ok then, I'm heading out-" Kai walked in front of Lloyd to keep him in place.
Kai: "Woah, woah, woah hold it. If there's a problem out there then everyone's gonna want the green ninja's help. Tell you what. I'll go in your place. I'm sure whatever the situation is, they can suffice with the fire ninja. And since you ARE the green ninja. The guys could use your help for those flyers 'n stuff."
Lloyd: "But I'd be doing work either way."
Kai: "See! There's always some job to be done. Get this one out of the way then you've got free time to do what you want."
Lloyd: "Heh, thanks Kai. I appreciate it."
Kai: "Of course! Anything for my little bro."
Kai pulled Lloyd into a headlock and gave him a noogie before Lloyd got out of his grip.

Kai: "Ha ha ha! Ok I'm gonna take care of this problem. I'll be back in a few!"
He waves on his way out the door before forming his dragon and heading towards Ninjago City. Thinking how lucky he was to get out of handing fliers in the new uniforms Wu bought, that earlier he had snuck a peek at. Lloyd turns from the door after waving bye and heads back towards to his friends, getting ready to go advertise for the shop.

——————

Meanwhile with Kai

Kai's POV:
He was on his way to the museum when he noticed that dark clouds are starting to form in the sky above him.
'Huh, didn't think there would be any overcast today. It was just sunny a couple of hours ago.' He simply shrugged it off and headed towards the museum. Struggling slightly with the wind picking up.

As he got closer to the museum he made his dragon disappear and landed on the pavement in front of the museum. He ran to the entrance where two police officers were waiting to bring him inside.
Officer 1: "Thanks for coming, but I thought the green ninja was supposed to be here."

Kai: "He was busy. Had other things to do. I heard there was a break in last night."

Officer 2: "Yeah. The night watchman is over there. Got quite a scare last night. Says he doesn't remember a thing. Maybe you'll have better luck getting the story out of him."

Kai: "Thanks, ill see what I can do."

Officer 1: "So, did you make the call for the ninja?"
Officer 2: "No I didn't, I thought you did."

Walking up to the guard. "So you saw what happened last night? Can you tell me what was stolen?...I'm here to help you."

The guard looked up at Kai- his expression then changing drastically. He then started pulling Kai towards a far off hall of the museum and taking him into a room full of artifacts that had yet to be put on display. The guard then spun around and shut the doors behind him, looking back towards the ninja.

Guard: "What was stolen was... something that wasn't even on display. Just a worthless old armored breast plate they call the allied armor of azure."

Kai: "Why would some thief break in to a museum of expensive stuff. Just to take one hunk of metal in a box?" He crouched down by the
crate to get a better look at the crime scene.

Guard: "Oh I don't know. Maybe because when you're in trouble, they say it has the power to summon allies. Ones of the living...or even the dead."

Kai was still inspecting the area, busy thinking. Unaware the 'guard' was picking up a nearby sledgehammer. Getting ready to strike.

Kai: "But who would need to get allies from another- WOAH!"
"GAAAAAH"
The guard struck down- Kai barely getting out of the line of attack before retreating towards the back of the room. The guard threw off the blanket that was wrapped around him. Revealing the stolen armor.