The Past Always Catches Up - Chapter 2

Lloyd's POV:
Kai walked into the middle of the lot in front of the tea shop with his hands in fists at his side. He wore strange blue armor and wore a black torn cloak on top of his gi. But something seemed off about his expression. As the wind picked up I could see the wind playing violently with his hair. It was almost purely black. What glimpses I caught beneath his hair I could then see his eyes. They they were bright green, with dark rings and dark green marks surrounding them... But his eyes are brown, so how? He had this sick scowl on his face, like the sheer presence of this place made him sick. It looked very unnatural on him. Nothing like his usual cocky smirk.
"Green ninja!" He roared. Odd. It sounded like he had a weird voice filter when he talked.

Me and my brothers walked outsides towards Kai to see what was wrong.
"Kai? What are you doing? We were starting to get worried since no one had heard from you-"

"Shut it!" Rude, this didn't seem like Kai at all. Kai's can be a bit of a hothead, but he's not a jerk.
"I've been waiting years for a chance to come back. So that I could be the real green ninja. To prove that it was MY destiny..."
"But it's given me time to think. Maybe I don't have to be the green ninja. And after seeing this guy's memories it's given me a thought."
What? Kai wasn't sounding like himself.
"...Maybe there doesn't need to be a green ninja at all!"
Suddenly he shot fire from his hands behind himself. Propelling him towards us. His eyes glued to me. I didn't have enough time to react before he already had me in his grip. Wrapping his arms around me, he spun in a few circles then threw me aside before focusing his attention to the others. And moving towards the shop. He summoned wind to form a barrier around himself. Mixing wind and fire so that no one could get close to him without feeling the heat or getting a good burn.

"Once the Preeminent is in ninjago there won't be any chance of a green ninja surviving. And she'll turn this world into a better version of itself," He said calmly. Almost sounding like he was trying to assure himself. I could barely hear him over the roaring wind.
I struggled to lift my head off the ground from the strong current winding around. And tried making my way towards Kai. What was wrong with him? Why is he talking like this? And when could the wind act like this? Why is he so upset?

"Kai! What's wrong with you!?" I yelled at the top of my lungs so he could clearly hear me. That's when he let out a deep dark chuckle and turned to me with green glowing eyes and said, "Ha ha ha, sorry Lloyd. But Kai isn't here right now."

Kai's POV:

Morro then dropped the wind that has enveloped him, letting the fire twister dropping with it. Walking through the already opens doors to the shop he put a smirk on my face. The customers that had just bought some tea were huddled behind a group of three in the shop. I met the eyes of Misako, Wu, and- ...Nya.

'...no...No...No,No,No!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! YOU CANT TOUCH HER!!! I won't let you! She's all I have left!!!' I screamed at Morro inside my head. Trying to make my body move away from the three. Making it loud and clear to Morro that I would struggle with all I have and more if he even dared to touch her.

Morro sighed in annoyance, 'Fine fireball I won't hurt the girl. At least not too badly...' I grumbled inside my own head. Too tired to try and move again. Being sapped of energy from Morro using my powers and keeping me trapped in my own mind. Hoping that Nya would keep back for her own safety. I only had a small idea what Morro was planning. And I realized that 'I'm scared.'

'Well that's good ninja. You should be. After all, your body is on the line.' Morro said after reading my subconscious. 'GAAAAHHH!!! Get out of my head!'

On the outside. Everyone saw Kai's body suddenly freeze. Stopped dead in his tracks. With wide eyes and mouth slightly agape. He stopped. Like a wind-up toy with no more turns.
His hands then shot up to the side of his head. "GAAAHHHH!!!" Kai's voice distorted into two people screaming in sync. Shaking violently. Gripping his hair. He took a few shaky steps back.