"...If Life Was A Movie Then It Wouldn't End Like This..."

“I’m sorry but you I just don’t feel like you would fit the type.”

Nodding I picked up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder cast one last gaze around the small office. This had been it, the one job I could have stood. But I was shot down again.

            “You appear to be a very smart person dear, just not a secretary. Why don’t you look back into crime?”

            I shrugged, beginning to turn toward the door.

            “I don’t know, it got old.”

            The burnet gave me a strange look from behind her glasses and watched me walk out.

I tossed my bag into the back of my car, and pulling off the jacket I had been wearing threw that on top of my bag and some old Pizza hut boxes. Thank god she hadn’t seen my car.

            I turned back onto the highway heading for home. It was late afternoon and although the sun had been baking down before on my car, clouds had now obscured it,  causing the light to be weary and grey.

            I stopped by burger king on an exit I had learned to love after taking long nights at the office.

            “Miss?”

            I turned my head from people watching, to look at the young guy standing behind the counter.

            His eyes ran up the side of my body and down the other.

            Go to hell.

            I blinked, and remembering to avoid the voice in my head flickered my gaze to the menu one last time.

            “Yeah, uh two large cokes, and two 20 ounce burgers with bacon and caramelized unions.”

            He smiled at me, and I realized he wasn’t that young.

            “Anything else you want miss?”

The voice in my head whispered no, but as I opened my mouth to flirt back a chest was pressed into my back.

            “No. That’s it.”

            The guy behind the counter didn’t even falter.

            “Sure. That’s eighteen fifty five…”

            I handed him the cash and moved over a bit to wait, turning to the person behind me, and freezing in shock.

            Chris.

I had told him I was leaving for the week to go to my cousins wedding and wouldn’t be back until the weekend.

            The worst part about it was that today was Thursday, and I needed an alibi.

“Hey babe.”

            I said softly, putting on a smile and forcing myself to wrap my arms around his shoulders and give him a hug.

            Chris was a nice guy, and was definitely not bad looking, but he was a drunk, and I knew that I should have ended it a while ago.