Chapter 14 - More than this

Harry’s POV.

And there comes the day, it’s 17th of July, and it’s Nicole’s birthday, I am on my way to the guy’s house, I mean our house, we need to get prepared in one half of hour, as we need to sing on her birthday. I still don’t know how to react when I will see Ellie. If I will be close to her, I am not sure I will be able to control myself, and if I will just wave it will mean that my words from that night were nothing…

I entered the house. Left my bags near the door, and after making a step, I was stopped by my crazy friends that jumped on me, and made a group hug.

“Guys! I can’t breathe!!!” I said hard. But they still didn’t let me go. “Guys I am serious!”  Finally they let me go.

“Hazza never ever leave us like so!” said Niall sweet, giving me another hug.

“Yeah man! It’s boring without you here!” Zayn added

“Harry I have a new video game for us! You will like it…Ellie liked it too…” And here comes the reason I left… Ellie, her name makes butterflies in my stomach, and Damn how I want to kill them now, it isn't supposed to be like so.   I am getting nervous…I still don’t know what to do.

Ellie’s POV.

Today is my living hell day, a house full of guest from popularity, people that gossip, couple making out and the Press that comes to write about Harry and Nicole, and see how One Direction will sing on her birthday. Dad obligated me to wear a dress, I still didn’t get used to them, but I am not making such much panic around it anymore. Louis didn’t call from yesterday. Is he mad? What am I saying? Of course he is mad I asked him about his best friend, and I am thinking about his best friend like every time, and today I am going to see him. And all this sucks!  As dad begged me to wear something presentable, and even Nicole said to make my outfit as her birthday present, as she doesn’t want to be ashamed. Of course she could just not invite me, it’s not like we love each other, but still she needs to do this because of dad. So I put on a white, loose dress, but still accentuating my curves, with some white  heels and a natural makeup, my hair was curled, and I looked...pretty. The thing that surprised me, was that I didn’t need anyone’s help to get ready. At least one thing that I learned in England, being surrounded by such glamorous people. And about glamorous people…there was Nicole sitting near my door, as it was open. With a blue short, tight dress, full of sparks and black heels. Again her slutty style.

“I just came here to see how you look.”

“Don’t worry, my outfit won’t be in attention.”

“Of course! You aren’t in attention..as always.” I could’ve say some mean replies, but it’s her birthday.

“Happy Birthday!”  I said, I repeat this sentence for the 5th time already.

“Thank you!” she smiled, and then the doorbell rang.

“The guest aren’t supposed to come with a half of hour before the hour I said.” Nicole said frustrated and went down.

“Harry!” she screamed from downstairs, he is here! I began to panic, so I closed the door, as I wasn’t ready to see him. I sat in front of the mirror, trying to calm myself, Louis will come later, as the other guests, so for killing time I opened my laptop, and I a lot of unread messages from Kevin.

I am sorry for all, I think I will repair all that I did when you will come back. Really miss you.  That's the last sentence in his long reply, with lame apologizes,  I don’t feel nothing for Kevin now, he is my past, and he treated me so unfair, but we will see how life will be when I will go back in New York, but I really got used to England, and somehow I like being here. As I was checking out my favorite blogs, the time ran fast, and I was listening to one of AllTimeLow’s song in my headphones, and as the usual reaction at their songs I was jumping on the bed, singing the lyrics. And There I see Louis that is standing near the door, laughing. I put the music down, and looked at him.

“You are so funny!” he said, coming closer to…hug me? I mean from our non-first date, we always kiss when we see each other, what’s wrong? I looked confused, but though that maybe he is not in the good mood. “You look beautiful…as always.” That made me blush. He hold my hand and we went downstairs where the whole party was on. The best DJ, a lot of celebrities, cameras, paparazzi. OMG I felt like in a reality show, it’s so awkward, they are walking everywhere around you and filming you and asking questions, I am just not used with this. Louis went to get us drinks, and I was looking for Harry, but I couldn’t find him anywhere, he needs to sing at her birthday where is he? And there I hear that sexy low voice, I will never forget. It was behind me, so I didn’t want to turn around, I can’t face him now.

“Hey everyone.” He greeted, waiting for attention, girls were near the little stage, looking at him, I still haven’t turned around. “This song is new…and the lyrics are not mine, but they are dedicated to that one person…” And there began the sounds of the guitar.

I'm broken
Do you hear me
I'm blinded
Cause you are everything I see
I'm dancing, alone
I'm praying
That your heart will just turn around

And I recognized, the lyrics, I wrote them!…but just hadn’t a melody for it. I automatically faced him, he was waiting for this, smiling when he saw my face, I did the same. My heart started to beat faster and I realized one thing: I missed him so much! For the next minutes, I couldn’t take my eyes away from him, and as he did. And there were the last words

When he lays you down, I'm might just die inside
It just don't feel right
Cause I can't love you more than this
Can't love you more than this

All the people were applauding of course, Nicole was happy. And didn’t know what to think, who he dedicate the song? I tried to avoid the thoughts that it was dedicated to me, cause it sounded stupid, so I was moving towards the table with cakes, to take one and speak with Niall, as he ate all my strawberry’s cakes that I love. And there I felt a hand taking my wrist from behind, when I faced it, I stopped, looking in those green eyes, we were not that close, as there was Nicole, but I wanted to hug him so much and slap him because of my lyrics, and kiss him cause…I…I…It can’t be possible! He grinned, and then looking down as he was still holding my wrist, his hand moved down slowly taking my hand, and playing with my fingers, we were looking at each other for some seconds.

“Hi.” He said low

“Hi.” I answered

“Can’t we talk?” I nodded, I was so nervous, his hand still holding mine, we exited in our back yard, and went far as none could find us, there was some lights on a tree deep in the yard so we went  near that tree, he let go my hand, and made a step closer to me. He took a deep breath, and his eyes met mine. And he began: “I know that you are kind of dating Louis, and that there is no chance you have something for me, no matter what Louis is saying to me…but anyway I really like you, and this song was dedicated to you. I can’t imagine my life without you near, all that sarcastic replies, and rolling your eyes, remembers me of roller coaster, and that smile that shines my day when outside is rain…In this week the only thing on my mind was you…I just wanted you to know…That I love you.” This sounded so heart touching, and romantic, and I wanted to kiss him, but I couldn’t. I remind silence. “Louis said it’s your choice, you need to make the choice between us, and no matter who will you choose, one of us will move on.” They are not toys to be choose, and I can’t do this, I am not this kind of girl…

“I need to think!” I said to Harry making  breathing deep “But still can we be friends on this period, like in old times and when I will be ready I will say the answer.” He nodded, and made some steps away from me, I stayed there  waiting to be alone, but after a few steps Harry stopped, turned around, came close to me, as our noses were touching and said.

“We will be friends, but just after this.” Before I could answer something, his lips crushed on mine, my hands around his neck and his hand on my waist, the kiss was pretty long, and I was enjoying every second. We looked at each other hardly breathing as our lips were apart, I wanted him to remain this close to me forever, and I was sure he wants the same too.

“You need to go.” I tried to control myself, he didn’t say anything back…just left me there. And I need to make the most difficult choice in my life: Harry, that is a player, and maybe he wants just to see if he can gets me or Louis the nice boy, Of course the answer is so obvious every normal girl will choose  Louis…but still why can’t my heart accept the idea of letting go of Harry.