1 - Confusion

Bucky was tired—so very tired that he felt like he couldn't feel his body. His legs hurt, but he can't stop now. The agents were looking for him—he was certain of it—and he didn't want them to find him. No. He is not going back to that damned prison again, where they treated him like a wild creature that was forcefully domesticated.

His mind was tired also; and instead of thinking clearly, his brain decided to replay the memories from the recent days. A scene where he got stuck under a huge part of the ship that fell on him, where the guy called "Captain America" saved him. And he let Bucky beat him, let him finish his mission. "I'm with you to the end of the line," the man said with a kind smile. These words swam inside his mind for hours, refusing to leave. They were so familiar; in his ears, in his mind. He felt like he'd heard it so many times. But it was not possible, he thought, because he doesn't know the man who said it. Well, he felt like he knew "Captain America", but he's not sure of it, and the severe uncertainty caused anger and frustration to bubble inside him.

Then Bucky decided to help him. He didn't even know why. The sight of the man falling and drowning in the river just didn't feel right for him. So after pulling the man back to the ground, he left him. Bucky had walked for so long now; the sun had set and the sky was pitch-black.

He arrived at a peculiarly quiet suburb, with houses far apart. He could see lights coming out from the windows, and he tried to avoid them to not be seen. When finally he found a house that had no lights coming out from it, his injured legs couldn't hold his weight anymore and he fell down to the ground layered by soft grass. Bucky's mind drove off and his eyes shut slowly as he fell unconscious.

***

Lily Walsh was going home after her long overtime work as an AI developer. Her long brunette hair moved along her every step. Her grey eyes focused on the empty road in front of her. She glanced at her wristwatch, and her eyes quickly widened when she saw its short hand pointing to the number 11. "Crap, it's already this late?" She mumbled under her breath and began to walk faster. The night was dark and quiet, wind blowing slowly through the warm air. She would've liked the weather if only she wasn't supposed to go home fast.

"Finally!" She groaned when she saw her house from a short distance. A few seconds later, she stopped walking because she thought she had seen something strange on her yard—something that looked like a human body. Hesitating, she took a few steps ahead and extended her head so she could see well. It was, indeed, a human body.

Her brain spun. She didn't know what to do. What should you do when you find someone just casually laying down on your yard?! She thought in panic. When finally she had gone close to the body—which now she knew that it was a man, laying face down on the ground—she tried to wake him up.

A soft touch—the body stayed still. A slow push on the shoulder—he still didn't move.

She sighed hard and with her full power, she flipped the body so she could see his face. It was dark, so she couldn't see his face clearly. The first thing she saw was blood—dried spots of blood on the side of his mouth. She spent a few seconds looking at him, freezing, until the man coughed in his sleep and gurgled more blood, dripping down to Lily's hand. She winced in horror, afraid that he might die of blood loss if he keeps doing this. She looked down and cursed softly as she saw that the some of it had found its way onto the grass on the lawn she has mended so carefully.

I gotta bring him in, or else neighbors will think that I murdered him! She thought. After unlocking and opening the door, she pulled him with a great effort into her house. The man was so heavy, more so because he was quite of a hunk. Her fingers touched his left arm, and it felt bizarrely hard and cold. It made her freak out even more.