2 - Rediscover

"Hey," a gruff voice appeared, slipping into Lily's consciousness.

"Mmmh," she mumbled and moved her head a little bit, still feeling very tired even to open up her eyes.

"Hey," the voice appeared again, this time louder; along with a touch on her shoulder.

She groaned. "Five minutes more..." She moved to lie on her back.

"Hey!" That voice yelled on her face, and she instantly opened her eyes and prepared to yell back.

"What the hell?" Her eyes widened by surprise. There was a face right above her face; their noses almost touched. Her focus quickly gathered, and... It was Bucky's face. His sharp blue eyes were staring right into her eyes, and on his face was a rather sour expression.

"Do you not know what personal space is?" She grumbled, but Bucky just stood there in silence. "Well, you've just invaded mine."

Bucky kept staring at her with no words until she sighed and started talking again. "What do you need?" She made an awkward smirk, just to cover her unusually fast heartbeat.

The man didn't answer, but glanced at the clock at the wall instead. She took a glance too, and sighed. "It's 9 o'clock already?" Said she; and Bucky, already backed up and was leaning against the wall, continued to stare at her, and it made her feel uncomfortable.

"Sorry for making you wait," she got up from her bed and started making it, "But please, don't do that again. You almost caused a heart attack." Mostly because you apparently don't understand how intimacy works, she added in her mind.

"When are we going?" Bucky's sudden question stopped her from doing her work.

"Hmm, you'll have to wait. The Smithsonian isn't open yet—maybe one or two hours from now." She looked at the clock once again. Bucky didn't respond, even though he didn't know what a... Smithsonian is. Though, it feels good being free, doing anything that is not a part of a mission or an order.

When Lily finally finished making her bed, she turned to him. "Are you hungry?" She asked with a sweet smile curling on her chapped lips. The man nodded slowly, still with a frown on his face. "I'll prepare some breakfast." She said while trying to comb her hair using her fingers, and walked downstairs with Bucky following.

Lily started preparing breakfast for them two; just some pancakes, which were easy to make. She started humming a song, and enjoying her time cooking.

While she was concentrating at making perfectly round pancakes, Bucky explored a bit more. He had done it this morning, actually, since he woke up a bit early. He found strange things. He found some electronic-related stuff and other things that he didn't even know. There was a strange ball-shaped thing sitting on the top of the kitchen counter, also in several other rooms. It had a soft blue light coming from the bottom part, pulsing slowly like a heartbeat. Somehow he felt suspicious about those devices, so he decided to keep an eye on them.

"What's wrong?" Lily approached him, and giggled when she saw Bucky's frowning face. "That's just Medusa, an AI I created myself from scratch. Here, let me show you!" Bucky stood up and scooted closer to her, afraid of what the device might do. "Good morning, Medusa."

"Good morning, Lily. Did you have a good sleep?" A smooth female voice came out from the device, almost making Bucky jump in surprise.

"Hmm, it wasn't so good. Medusa, can you turn on the lights?"

The pulse on the device's blue light changed its rhythm and the lights above them were turned on.

"Can you turn it off now, please?"