4 - Lilya

The next morning, Lily and Bucky both woke up early. Once again, Bucky finished a big bowl of cereal like someone who hasn't eaten for days. The dark circles around Bucky's eyes had decreased compared to the first time he arrived, and he looked much healthier. The bruises and wounds on his body had seemed to heal in an abnormal speed. In contrary, Lily's cut lip looked even more horrifying this morning.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go to work today. Sounds boring, I know, but I promise I'll be back before sunset." Lily started the conversation with mouth full of cereal.

Bucky nodded without lifting his face from the bowl.

"I really want to take you to explore the area, but I think the best option for you right now is to stay hidden. I don't mean to cage you or something like that..." Lily scratched her head, even though it wasn't itching. She felt bad leaving Bucky behind. It felt like she was leaving a sad, lonely puppy alone in her house.

"I know you don't," Bucky replied shortly. He seemed to be lost in his own thoughts.

This feels like talking to my late grandpa who was always talking and thinking about the wars he fought in... Lily thought. Or maybe I'm just not good at socializing.

After doing the dishes, the girl took her bag and keys. "There's some frozen stuff in the refrigerator for lunch; you just have to heat them up. Just put it in a microwave. You know how it works, right? If you need anything, just call me. You... know how a phone works, right?" No response. Lily sighed. "Alright, I'll be off now. See you later."

She decided to use the car so she can commute faster. Also, her legs hurt for only God knows the reason. As her blue sedan went from the driveway onto the road, she saw Bucky staring from between the curtains.

God, I really hope everything goes well. I hope my house still exists when I get back from work.

***

"Yo! How are you today? Damn, what happened to your face?" A hand grabbed Lily's shoulder from behind. She quickly turned to find Raj, her coworker and best friend, with a wide smirk across his face.

"Rough night at the bar," Lily answered with whatever was on her mind. "I got in a fight with some girls for accidentally ordering the last good scotch."

They both finished checking in with the fingerprint system and walked together to their workspace. "Daaaaaamn. Did you win?" Raj asked in awe.

"Nope, I don't think I can even call it a "fight". I just let them beat me anyway." Lily shrugged and sat on her desk while Raj sat on the desk beside hers.

He laughed hard. "That sounded so much like you. Next time you go to a bar you should tell me, so you'd have a crew to help you finish those goons."

"Raj, you're a guy. Guys shouldn't hit women. Only women are allowed to hit women. Also, I don't want to add anything to my criminal record."

"Do you mean your already-terrible record?" He smirked.

Lily gave him a sharp gaze, trying to stop Raj from joking about her criminal record.

They both laughed, and soon became involved in the work in progress.

***

Hours passed, and suddenly it was the end of the working hours already. Raj stretched and turned to Lily to ask, "Do you want to get dinner together and then ice cream after? Boyfriend's busy tonight. Has to work at the late shift."

Lily pretended like she had to think for a bit before answering, "I'll pass, thanks. I've been feeling so tired and I don't even know why. I just want to rest at home, watching good ol' 007."