Four

Dear diary:

Mother has told me to write about something meaningful.
You were the most meaningful thing in my life, I'm sure you wouldn't mind if I wrote about you?

The first time I saw you was on Monday, i remember the day because you had it written on the inside of your wrist.

I remember how you saw me stare at the word in dumb confusion until you laughed at me and explained that you simply liked to keep track of the days.
I found it cute.
However before I could reply, I found you already had your back to me as you walked down the street, but your laughter still echoed in my ears as I watched your chocolate brown hair sway gently along with the breeze until you were out of sight.

I was sixteen at the time, I found out later that you were eighteen. I wonder how old you are now?

The second time I met you was fittingly on Tuesday, in the exact same place as the day before.
We collided walking down the same path from opposite directions.
You were wearing headphones and I was simply thinking. But both of us still lost in our own world, just in different ways.
That was the first time I smiled at you, although admittedly, it was meant to be an apologetic smile, you still commented that it was beautiful. It was then that I made a promise to myself to smile more, even if it was only for you.

Wednesday was the first time my heart fluttered for you.

You saw me before I saw you.
I was sat by the pond at the side of a park, I liked it there. The children and parents tended to focus entirely on the fancy play areas on the other side of the park, whilst couples tended to have picnics down where the lake was, outside of the park entirely.

I had always preferred my pond though, it was beautifully lonely, and I loved it.
You didn't call out my name (you didn't know it then) but instead called the name "bunny". It took me all of three seconds to find myself more in love with that nickname than I was with my pond.
I'm not sure what time it was that we met at the park, but we talked until the sun came down and then we watched quietly, wide eyed and in awe at the soothing lights of the lowering sun.

You were speechless at the beauty in front of you. But I was speechless at the sight next to me.
For you had never looked so beautiful as you did in that moment.

I didn't see you for a while after that.
Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months.

Until finally, we met again.