First Day (Part 3)

We all grabbed lunch and sat at a table together.

"That's not cool. He's going to regret making me a sidekick. All right. Someday it'll be dark and he'll be alone walking to his car, drop his keys and I won't help him find them" Zack said but was quickly cut off by Boomer.

"You have a problem with me?" Coach boomer asked

"No" Zack said nervously

"No,what?"

"No sir"

"I'm just messing with you sidekick" the kid with  mimicking powers said as he transformed back into himself. He laughed walking away. I placed my tray down at the table and the others followed.

"Am I crazy or is that dude really looking at me?" Will asked

"Dude"

"What" Will asked Zack

"That's Warren Peace" Zack said

"That's Warren Peace?" Layla responded slightly shocked.

"Yeah" Zack said

"Will you don't know about Warren Peace's dad and our dad's history" I said taking a sip of my soda. Will shook his head no.

"Your dad put his dad in jail with a quadruple life sentence" Ethan said

"Yeah and no chance of parole until the third life sentence is completed" Magenta added.

"Great first day and I already have an arch nemesis" Will said.

"Umm we have an arch nemesis and don't let that get to you. Who cares if he hates you" I said. We continued to eat our lunches until it was time to head back to power placement. As we threw out our lunch I felt a finger tap my shoulder. I looked behind me to see it was Lash.

"Hey guys I'll meet you in the gym" I said. They all looked at me confused.

"Uh okay" Will said. I walked towards Lash looking behind me to make sure my brother and his friends left.

"What worried your friends will see you talking to me?" Lash asked

"More like worried my brother will tell my dad. What's up?" I asked slightly snippy.

"Heard you're a hero. Just wanted to congratulate you and give you this incase you need advice from another hero" Lash said as he handed me a small piece of paper with his number on it.

"Look I'm not interested but even if I was I'm pretty sure my dad, the Commander would kill you" I said

"I'll see you around baby" Lash said before leaving me alone in the cafeteria. I shook my head slipping the paper into my back pocket and walking towards the gym.

As I rounded the corner I saw Warren Peace staring at my brother who was running towards the bathroom. I went after Will to make sure he was ok. I walked into the boys bathroom (invisible may I add) to find Ethan soaking wet.

"Thanks for the swirly" he said as he ran out. I decided to remain invisible not wanting to embarrass my brother.

"Hey guys" Will said to Lash and Speed.

"The kid looked dehydrated. So how about it Stronghold? You gonna hang with us this year?" Speed said

"Yeah help us bring some pain to the sidekicks? Plus it looks like I'll be dating your sister in no time" Lash said making Will looked confused.

"That sounds like ... fun... the-the part about bringing pain to sidekicks not dating my sister" Will said

"Good man. See you around" Speed said as he exited the bathroom. I decided to slip out with them but accidentally stepped on the back of Lash's shoe. He turned around and placed his arm around me making my invisibility disappear.

"So you stalking me now baby?" He said still with his arm around me.

"No I was checking up on my brother. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go. The bell rang" I said as I peeled his arm off my body and made my way back to the gym.
———
Will was up on the platform and Coach Boomer was waiting for Will to show off his powers. Will walks over to Coach Boomer and whispers in his ear.

"What do you mean you don't know what your powers are?" Boomer yelled. He then dropped the car making Will lay on the floor.

"Are you crazy I don't have super strength" Will yelled out.

"Oh so you fly" Coach Boomer said making Will soar through the air crashing hard on the ground.

"I don't have powers" Will cried out

Boomer screamed on the top of his lungs "SSSSIIIIIDDDEE KKICCKKKKK" making the whole school shake. Will was then sent to the nurses office for the remainder of the school day.
———
"Hey you okay" I asked as we sat next to each other on the bus.

"No. Nurse Spex said I may never get my powers" Will said

"Hey don't give up. I'm sure you'll get them" I said as we exited the bus and walked in through the side door.

"Will, Madeline how did it go?" My mom asked.

"Um dad we need to talk" Will said

"Like a hero-to-hero talk?" My dad asked "I know just the place"

"Madeline help me in the kitchen?" My mom asked. I walked in and washed my hands.

"So how was school? Meet any boys?" My mom asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Just one but dad would never approve. Plus I'm not sure if I even like like him" I said

"Well don't worry about your dad. I'll talk to him when the time comes.  For now just follow your heart" my mom said.

"Ok thanks mom"
———
The next day I headed to hero class while the rest of my friends went to hero support.

A small man with a huge, I mean 10 finger huge forehead walked in. "I'm Mr.Medulla and welcome to mad science. Today I'll be partnering you up with your lab partners for the rest of the year. Shall we get started"

I looked around to see no familiar faces in the class. "Ahh Stronghold, a freshman in a senior level class interesting. Maybe you can help one of my dumber students this year. If he would even show up" Mr.Medulla said. I sat down at the lab table by myself while everyone else sat with their respective lab partners. The door opens to reveal Lash.

"Ahh Lash care to join us. You'll be partnered with Stronghold this year" Mr.Medulla said. Lash walks over with a huge smile on his face.

"Hey baby" he said as he sat down. He wrapped his long arm around me.

"Listen I'm not your baby" I snapped back

"Well let's go on a date and then you can be my baby for real" he said in a caring and sincere voice.

"I'll think about it" I said as the bell rang signaling that school was over. "Great saved by the bell" I whispered under my breath. I headed to the bus and went home. Will had his friends over that night to do hero support homework. I stayed up in my room doing my hero homework. I was laying on my bed about to text Lash when the whole house shook and I could hear my dad yelling. I ran down the stairs to see what all the commotion was about.

"What's going on?" I asked

"ARE YOU A SIDEKICK TOO?" My dad yelled

"No" I said

"No dad it's me. I don't have super powers" Will said causing my dad to put the phone down.

"I'm proud to be hero support" Will said before heading back to the living room to do homework.