Chapter 11: Rushed Kisses and Rude Realities

The four of us rushed out not even bothering to lock up and straight down to the BMX stadium. Each step I got angrier and angrier. The front of the stadium was blocked by masses of people on phones with cameras trying to get a piece of the action. Even a TV camera crew were there to get in on the big news of the latest news, the Fantastic Five had names.

'There he is' Sue pointed over to the entrance as Johnny came strutting out grinning with two girls by his sides. Jealousy, the green eyed monster consumed me and in a sudden motion I rushed up to him, causing the two girls by his side to scamper away in surprise.

'Enjoying ourselves are we?' I snapped at him. He walked straight past me only to be caught again by his sister and Reed.

'Johnny!' they tried getting his attention but he was having none of it.

'Can we talk about this later guys?' he brushed them off.

'You won't be alive later' I fumed, having the sudden urge to stamp my foot like a three year old.

Uncle Ben had momentarily disappeared from sight,

'Where's my ride?' Johnny said to no one in particular. As though on cue a huge ball of red metal crashed down onto the pavement right infront of us. The heap of scrap metal vaguely resembled a flashy car. My theory was proved correct when Ben threw the number plate right into the side of Johnny's face. Hysterical laughter erupted from me, I cupped a hand over my mouth to stop the snorting that I'm sure would have happened. Johnny hardened his jaw and looked at my uncle in complete hatred.

'You think that's funny Pebbles' he taunted as my uncle came stomping towards us.

Sue stepped in front of her brother,

'Johnny, you gave us names?' she exclaimed, 'you don't think, suddenly you're the face of the Fantastic Five'

'A face that's about to be broken' Ben raged.

'Look this isn't permanent Johnny, we need to be careful until we're normal again' Reed explained trying to settle everything down.

'What if I don't wanna be normal' Johnny snapped. To some extent I agreed with him, I liked being special, this new power was awesome.

'Max agrees with me, she said it herself she doesn't want to find a cure' Johnny added, dragging me into the argument.

'Johnny I don't know what I was thinking, but you can't just go and give us identities without our consent' I clarified.

'Well at least I didn't turn into a monster' he said gesturing to Ben. My uncle went to go and throw a punch which automatically put my fight mode into overdrive. I stood in front of Ben with my back to Sue.

'Ben!' I shouted at him, aghast that he would even think about doing that. Uncle Ben looked into my eyes and then looked away as though he couldn't bear to look at me. I wasn't siding with Johnny I just didn't want my uncle to regret anything. Ben turned on his heel and began to walk away.

'Johnny say you're sorry' Sue ordered her brother. He ignored her and sent a fireball flying in Ben's direction, hitting him in the back of the head. Uncle Ben stopped him his tracks and turned around,

'Did you just-?' before he could finish a fireball was thrown right into Ben's face.

'That's it Tinkerbell you wanna fly' Ben stormed right up to Johnny,

'Ben stop' Reed tried to intervene by stepping infront of the raging rock man.

'Fly!' Ben roared and threw a punch straight into Reed's stomach. A gasp left my mouth as Reed's stomach took the impact and stretched till Ben's fist landed squarely on Johnny's chest sending him flying back into a hanging banner. My liking for Johnny made me sympathise but then I flicked that thought away, the douche deserved it. I was the only one being immature as I couldn't help the laughter that shook my body.