10. Endings and new beginnings

"What happened?" I asks.

"Sub-level five, east wing." Agent Carter says.

I look at her a little confused. What kind of answer was that? Suddenly Steve and Sam get up and they run out really fast.

"Steve!" I yell, hoping he can tell me something. But it's no use. I sigh and run out after them. I find dad quickly amongst all the other people. He's messing with a keyboard of some sorts.

"Dad what happened?" I ask when we get to him.

"Power's our. We need eyes on Barnes!" Dad announces. People start running around and I have no idea what's going on.

"Dad I think Grace and Maisy and Henry were in there with him. Does your phone still work?" I ask.

Dad looks at me a little confused for a second, but gives me the phone anyways before he continues to talk to a bunch of people.

"Nova is this really a priority? What if the winter soldier escaped? He could get us." Owen says. "And what about Grace and the others?"

"Owen I'm working on that." I say while I unlock the phone. I quickly log in to the system that should control this building, and in about a minute I have access to the few cameras that don't run on the buildings main power source.

"Dad! Dad I got in!" I exclaim while I run over to dad. I quickly pull him away from whatever he's doing.

"Not all the cameras work on the main power source of the building." I explain quickly. "They have a few on solar energy, but none of the computers work on that so they don't have access to the images. But I logged in to the buildings mainframe with the phone that does have power and here is everything that still works." I say, pointing at the screen. Dad looks down at it bewildered.

"That... yeah that works." dad says, clicking on one of the images of where the winter soldier is.

"No!" I hear him scream. Suddenly these Russian words ring trough my ears. "Dad. Turn it off. Please" I mumble. The words continue. Dad doesn't hear what I say. My head feels foggy and strange and I don't really feel like myself anymore.

Suddenly it snaps. I look over to Owen and without saying anything else, we run off. I hear a voice yell my name. But it doesn't make sense anymore. Only one thing does.

The winter soldier must die

And so we run. We run trough the hallways. I don't even have to think about it. I run with Owen until we get there. And then we see him. The winter soldier. My eyes narrow and my fists clench. I try to fight it, but something is much stronger. So much stronger. It takes me over. It's like I'm just watching while someone else moves for me. Thinks for me. Fights for me.

I run towards the man. His back is turned towards us. We have an advantage. After sharing just a look Owen and I attack.

Owen kicks him in the back of the knee while I jump up on a table. I kick off and land on his back, my arms swing around his neck. I tighten my grip so his airways should close.

I see Grace run in with Maisy and Henry following close behind. They slowly approach the scene, trying to figure out how to help us. I see it in their eyes. They are no longer in control of themselves either.

I try so hard to hold myself back, but my leg swings around his shoulder anyway while my arms keep holding on to his neck. His metal arm grabs on to my upper arm and before I know it I'm flying trough the room. Someone shouts my name. It's the last thing I hear before landing harshly on my back. My head smacks into the wall, and then everything is black.