Chapter One

Chapter One: The Birth of Renesmee and Pheobe

Inside the Cullen Home

I couldn't describe the whirlwind of emotions that I was feeling in this moment.

Everything was going perfectly one minute, the next everyone was running around frantically.
Bella and I were sitting on the couch across from Rosalie and Jacob. Bella was discussing baby names with my sister, I personally didn't like the name she chose for our child if it was a boy, mainly because it had the mutts name in it too.

Though I always deny giving my opinion on names when my sweet wife asks, I did have a few in mind.

If we were to have a son, I'd like to name him after my father and I and for him to have Bella's fathers name, Anthony Charles Masen Cullen.

For a girl I'd like my mothers name to be used, Elizabeth Masen Cullen.

I was so lost in my thoughts about names for our child that I didn't even notice Bella and Rose stand up to go get more blood from the kitchen.

It was only when I heard Bella drops her styrofoam cup filled of blood and her spine snap that I began to panic.

My sweet Bella was finally going to bring our child into the world, the only thing that worried me was, at what cost?

Frantically we rushed up the stairs with Bella in my arms to Carlisle's home office, Alice was talking to Carlisle on the phone as I injected the morphine into Bella. Jacob was standing beside Bella whispering comforting words into her ear.

My heart broke as I saw the tears rolling down my mates face, watching as she took deep breaths trying to control her breathing and most likely to hide the pain from both myself and Jacob.

I have never felt so much hatred towards myself more than in this moment right now.

I had promised my Bella and her father that id always take care of her and to protect her, and look what I have done, I have pretty much killed her.

Deep down I know Bella isn't strong enough to push the baby out.

Rosalie and I would have to do an emergency c-section without Carlisle's assistance and that worries me more.

I've never done one before but I do know how to do it after watching Carlisle do it so many times. I was confident that I could get the baby out without Bella having to die but now I'm not so sure.

"Carlisle said the placenta must of broke off and that we will need to do an emergency c section now or Bella dies." Alice spoke then left the room while holding her nose.

The blood was almost too much for me but I knew my mate needed me and that made the feeling of hunger disappear.

"We will have to cut the baby out." I said to Rose as Jacob stood up top holding Bella's hand trying to calm her down.

"HE'S DYING!" Bella cried out, she looked at me pleadingly and I knew what she wanted me to do.

Rose got a determined look on her face as she grabbed a scalpel and held it to Bella's large stomach.

"Rose stop it!" I yelled at her pushing her away from my dying pregnant wife.

"HE IS SUFFOCATING EDWARD! WE HAVE TO GET HIM OUT OF HER NOW!" She growled trying to step forward.

"JUST GET HIM OUT OF ME!!" Bella screamed out in pain.

"Alice get Rose out of here now!" I growled, snarling at Rose as I grabbed the scalpel out of her hands.