Chapter 1

"Violet, honey, come here." My mom bellowed from her bedroom.

"Sure, Mom. What is it?" I ecoched back.

I walk up the stairs then down the hall to her room. "Are you alright Mom?"

"Yeah sweetie. I was wondering if you could go down to the basement and see if your Dad left the babies swaddle down there?" She said in blissful tone.

I head down stairs to see the basement door is already open. "Dad? You down here?" I said huffily."Yeah. Come on down Vi," He sounded distracted. "I was just trying to- Ahk!" There was a loud clank. I walk down the stairs and see him hunched over the babies crib. "Dad, what are you doing?" It was an obvious question. He was fixing the crib.

"Vi, can you hand me a nail? Thanks sweetie." I liked it when he called me Vi. It makes me feel alive again.

"Mom was wondering if the babies swaddle was down here." I say as i looked around the room.

"Ah, yes honey. Here it is," He hands me the blanket. "Thanks Dad." I murmer as I run back up the basement stairs.

As I reach the ground floor I hear a familiar voice come from behind me.

"You look beautiful with your hair up like that." I could taste his breathe. It was surronding my face.

All of a sudden I feel rage bubble up inside my stomach.

"Go away." I turn around as fast as I can and see him standing there. His beautiful blue eyes fixated on me. I suddenly felt like my heart was going to fall out of my chest.

"I miss you." His voice was rough against my cheek. This is how it always starts. I think to myself.

"I can never forgive you," The feeling in my chest was now replaced with hatered. "Tate. You took everything I loved away from me. I can't forgive you" My eyes start to well up with tears.

"Violet. Don't do this. Please. I need to talk to you- talk to me." He's voice was softer than I remembered. I can't play this game any more. I've had enough of aruging with him. I paused for a long time before I answered.

"What do you want to talk about, Tate?" I hesitated a little before stepping towards him.