Chapter 6

Violet

The TV flashes on and the time reads 11:21pm. 

My mind suddenly flicks on and I realize I've been sitting here blankly for almost 4 hours. 

Time goes by fast when you're dead.

"Hey Vi," Dad walks into my dark, dead room. "You alright? I've noticed you've been a bit out of it lately"

"Dad. Don't go all shrink on me. I'm fine, just tired" 

"Honey, you're dead you can't be tired." He musters with a look of concern.

As I swivel my body around and face the door frame I see the look in his eyes. 

The look I saw in the final years of my life. Fear.

"Something happened." I manage to say. The tears start to well up and the room begins to blur into one black and white mess. 

He walks over and sits on the bed cradling my head to his chest.

"Dad, I'm so scared. I don't know whats happening anymore.." 

"Just start from the beginning." The comfort in his voice is familiar.

As I began to explain the unfortunate series of events, I realised how crazy I must sound.

"Darling, you're not the only one. Remember a few mornings ago when you came to me looking for your bracelet?" He took a deep breathe and continued. "You saw your mother and I talking.. She was telling me about a, ah, vision. As some may call it. Of us in Boston on our 2nd wedding anniversary. She saw her & I sitting at that little table at Mosac's." 

He stopped talking and shook his head. A look that I've only ever seen on his face three times in my life. When I fell out of a tree when I was 9. When he was busted cheating. When he saw Mom die.

"She saw me kill her. She saw herself kill her. Honey, whatever this is; you need to tell me when it happens. Okay?"

"When did this happen to Mom?"

"Uhh. Saturday, the 4th" I take it he meant October.

"What? What time?" 

"Oh Vi, I don't know. Around 11. When the new boy moved into your room- his room."  He looked at me dazed. "Why?"

"That's when it happened to me."

+++++++++ Guys I would really appreciate feedback. Should I continue? I would like to be told if its good or nah? ANYWAY  BTW IM AUSSIE NOT AMERICAN 

THANK YOU SO MUCH! and do you believe I love you should be one word like Iloveyou?++++++++