Chapter 2

I can barely breathe. After everything we've been through together. I will always love him. 

I just don't think I can forgive him.

Ever fibre in my body is aching to throw my arms around him. I just want him to hold me and tell me it's all going to be okay. I miss waking up and seeing him lying next to me every morning. I miss the soft touch of his lips against mine. I miss him and everything he stood for.

How can I forgive a boy who killed countless people? How can I not forgive the boy who tried to keep me alive? 

"Follow me." He grasped my hand firmly. Oh. How have I missed holding his hands. His pale skin was so soft against mine. 

He escorted me out to the garden. I felt sick to my stomach. My head was spinning. 

"Tate," I began to talk but I could feel a hard lump welling up in the back of my throat. "Why-" He cut me off immediately.  

"Violet. I'm so sorry for what I've done," He began to cry. "You have no idea what's been like. Living without you. Not being able to touch you, or talk to you. Yelling your name and never getting a reply. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me for killing all those people.. So, so many people." He trails of and a look of sickness and shame washes over his face. He shakes his head as he dries his tear that have now fallen down the collar of his shirt. "I raped your mother. I am the reason she's dead," His voice turns stern "I got her pregnant with a demon. Ben's dead because he was trying to leave with that baby. And you.."  He begins to cry again. "If you didn't move here you wouldn't have met me. Your family might have gotten better, you might not have taken one too many pills and maybe you would be alive. Living your life. Happily."

I'm not sure what to say. 

"Tate," I begin slowly. "I love you. It kills me everyday knowing you did those horrible things. I don't know if I can forgive you. I just.. Need to think." 

"We have all the time in the world." I can tell he's smiling after saying that. We literally have eternity to spend here. 

I look up and meet his eyes. He takes hold of both of hands and whispers, "I love you."