Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven: Brooke

Pinned to the bed, I moan out the only name that matters: Sam.

Then suddenly you're there with me, you're the one pinning me to the bed. Your eyes are staring down at me, devouring me, which only makes me groan more.

And just before anything can get any better. I wake up.

"What a shame..." I whisper to myself.

I can hear the faint sound of Green Street playing in the background.

"I have never lived closer to danger, but have never lived safer. I have never felt more confident, and people could spot it a mile away. And as for this, the violence? I got to be honest - it grew on me. Once you take a few punches and realise that you're not made of glass, you don't feel alive unless you're pushing yourself as far as you can go."

I smile to myself. What a great way to wake up.

Slowly, I open my eyes, letting them adjust to the light streaming through the windows, and it's only 12:30. Urgh.

Then I remember my dream...

"Fuck..." I say to myself, still sleepy.

Forcing myself up, I reach for my phone and see 3 messages: one from James and two from Lily.

Lily: hey whore! You doing anything? I got the day off and wondered if you wanted to do something. L x

Lily: helloooo. Brooke? You should have your phone on silent. This could be an emergency! L x

Me: stop being a drama queen!! I always have my phone on silent, and I know this isn't an emergency. I'll meet you at our favourite coffee shop in 20, okay? B x

Lily was the kind of girl that liked to let her hair down. A lot. The 'wild type' some would say.

Lily: I'm not a drama queen! And seeing as you've just got a job as a secretary, you need it on loud. Meet in 20. L x

When I'd finished messaging Lily, I messaged James.

James: hey B! Lily says you're not answering your phone. Don't blame you 😉. What club we going to later anyway? J x

Me: hey J! Sorry, fell asleep. I'll pretend I didn't hear that 😜. We could go Smooth? B x

James: Let me guess, you were watching Green Street again? Smooths perfect. See you later B. J x

Me: You know me too well. See you later. B x

James was like the brother I never had. He was protective, caring. Always there when you need cheering up or having a bad day.

I smile when I remember when i needed cheering up and was having a bad day.

I shake myself of my negative thought and run upstairs to change into a pair of skin-tight jeans and a tight fitting jumper. And before you ask, yes, I do like to wear skin tight clothes. Not because they make me look good, but they do. But because I don't like my clothes feeling too loose.

Forcing a brush through my hair, applying a bit of mascara and I was ready.

Walking - whilst whistling - out of the door, looking for the nearest cab.

And hopefully no asshole will join me this time.