Chapter 17

A/N: Thanks for al your support and votes guys i really appreciate it! you all inspire me <3

----

"A-Arthur..." Stammered Merlin with a cracking voice. But Arthur was no longer there. In his place the same massive dragon that Merlin has seen from their bedchambers, the chambers he shared with Arthur, his husband, now cursed into this terrifying beast before him. He looked into the flame coloured eyes of the giant creature and saw no trace of his love, only cold and unfeeling fire that burned in the night seeping from it. The dragon screeched. Merlin took a worried step back, rethinking his confidence. It was clear that this was not his husband, but a wild and magical creature, even so, there was something in Arthur's threatening demeanor that called to Merlin. He took a deep breath and threw back his head, summoning magic from the air around him as he spoke to the dragon.

"Drákon! Árthour, eímai o sýzygós sas!" he commanded. The dragon- Arthur- stopped in his tracks and cocked his head in a way that a man would. It moved its head down towards Merllin, who, althought he was scared, held his ground and reached out his hand, his soul was crying out to the man who had become the dragon, willing him with all his might to remember his humanity. The dragon's face moved closer to Merlin and, just when his resolve began to waiver, it nuzzled it's large head against the warlock's outstretch palm.

"Arthur?" Merlin asked amazed at this sudden change of character from ragin beast o sweet creature. He looked up and saw Arthur's own eyes staring back at him, deep blue oceans full of love and sorrow and all the other feelings swimming together in endless blue pools. The fire and flame had gone and he could see Arthur's goodness and kindness howing through his dragon's body.

"Arthur!" Merlin cried and grinned at him, and cupping his giant scally muzzle in two hands he pressed his forehead against it and closed his eyes.

"I'm so glad you're still here" The much smaller man said to his husband. Merlin stroked Arthur's scaly cheek before steeping back from the dragon with a wicked grin playing across his pale face. Somehow, the dragon managed to look suspicious. Merlin just grinned wider before suddenly shouting at the dragon.

"Fetch!" he grinned. And he made a tree branch fly from the gorund and through the sky. The dragon glared at him before jumping into glourious flight after it. The branch was captured in the dragon's mouth before it started to fall from its flight, and the dragon swooped around landing with no grace and presenting Merlin with the branch. It – he, this was Arthur after all, even if his body did not resemble that of his husband save the crimson scales that covered his like his clok of Camelot – was trying to look miffed, but his tail twitched in joy and gave his mood away. Merlin took the branch with his magic and hurled it skyward again, laughing delight as Arthur took off towards it again without a pause. The pair played like this for some time: until Merlin had a new idea.

"Arthur" he called into the sly and the dragon came back with the branch again. Merlin took it and dropped it to the ground.

"Do you want to try something else?" he asked with a mischevious grin. Arthur nodded his big head agreeably.

"Okay, good. Stand still. I'm going to ride you." Smiled Merling. Arthur reared back, shocked. This earned him a dark glare.

"Like a horse." Clarified Merlin. Arthur let out a gentle and apologetic puff of smoke as he bent his massive legs down to allow his dark haird husband to scramble onto his scaly back.

Merlin settled himself in the nook between Arthur's neck and back and held on tightly as he squeezed his legs together signalling to Arthur to take off. Arthur complied. And with a huge flap flap of his massive wings the pair were in flight. Arthur flew into the night sky, delighted to here the overjoyed gasps of his husband at the view, he dipped and wove through the clouds in the night sky, egged on by Merlin's shear joy, they flew together over the lakes and mountains of the Kingdom of Camelot, taking in the beauty of their home country together in the darkness of the night, until eventually a thought occurred to Merlin.