Chapter 03

Katie was very annoyed that Albus didn't said anything about Severus working at the school as well. She could have prepared herself for it. 

'Looks like professor Holt and professor Snape knew each other', Hermione said while eating. Harry looked at the high table. That moment when professor Holt and professor Snape looked at each other he knew that there was something between the two professors, everyone could see it. 

'Well they are around the same age aren't they', Hermione said. 'They may have gone to school at the same time?', Harry wondered outloud. 'Why don't you ask her about her school time, she seems nice enough to just ask', Hermione said. 'Why don't you, you are better in finding out those things anyway', Harry said. 

Hermione sighted. 'There is nothing to find out, she already told you Harry, she and your mother were best friends going to school here, you already know that professor Snape was in your mothers year too, so it's very possible that professor Holt and professor Snape knew each other very well', Hermione said as if it was the most logic thing to solve. 

Harry looked at professor Holt. He wondered what house she was in, was she in Gryffindor, like her mother. He was also stunned by the fact that professor Holt was the adopted daughter from Albus Dumbledore. In all the years he now went to Hogwarts, Dumbledore never mentioned he had a daughter. A beautiful daughter, who was a mermaid. 

'Harry are you okay?', Hermione asked. 'Yes, it's just so weird you know, so many people here at Hogwarts knew my mother, except for me, it just seems...', Harry started. 'Not fair', Hermione said understanding. 'Well yes', Harry said. 

Katie wished for her to sit next to Remus again. So she could talk to someone. Albus seemed to be in a deep conversation with professor McGonagall who sometimes smiled at her. 

She scraped her troat deep. But before she could start a conversation with Severus he took the lead already. 

'Your back?', he whispered only so she could here. Katie nodded and tried to concentrate on her food. Not at the handsome man next to her. 

'You never came back', Severus whispered again. Katie placed her fork and knife next to her plate and decided to look him in the eye for a moment. That was a mistake. His eyes were like daggers. There was nothing friendly about him. Not the kind black eyes she used to look in when they were kids. 

'I'm so sorry', she whispered and she meant it, she never meant for her to stay away that long, to never visit him either, even though they were broken up as a couple. 

'You are 13 years late with that apology', Severus said. There was no emotion when she looked into his eyes. With her however, a feeling came over her that she least expected. It sort of creeped in. That old feeling that she was used to when she looked at him when they were little. That nothing else mattered but them. 

'What', Severus said when she stared at him. 'You've changed, not just your looks', Katie said and she stopped with the whispering. Severus looked at Katie. 

Katie was all he could think about when he was a double agent. She was the reason why he was doing the things he was doing right now. Only she doesn't know that. He used to thought that it was Lily. But his love for Lily was not the same love as he had for Katie. 

Katie looked at his lips that once kissed her so passionately. She was biting her own lips while thinking of him like that. 

Severus looked at Katie as well. The once small breasts he had the pleasure of touching in the past where bigger now. Katies hair was longer. Her body was beautiful. She was beautiful. 

Hermione was looking at professor Holt and the professor Snape she hated so much. But she saw something different in her hated professor when he looked at her new professor for magical creatures. It clicked. The way those two were looking at each other, it was more then history that was between them. They used to be lovers. They still loved each other. 

Hermione kicked Harry under the table. 'Ouch, what is it', Harry said. 'Look at how professor Holt and professor Snape are looking at each other, they were more then friends, they used to love each other and I want to bet my money on it that they still do', Hermione said. 

Harry looked at the two professors again. They were talking instensly with each other, Hermione was right. There was something more going on then just friends. 

Katie looked at Harry and smiled and remembered why she came. 'There, right there at the Gryffindor table is my reason to be at Hogwarts', she said to Severus. 

Severus nodded, but he didn't dared to admit that it was the reason he was at Hogwarts now as well. He knew his role all too well. Dumbledore reminded him off it. He had no time for things like love, romance. He found those things idiotic anyway. It was just an excuse for people to be acting crazy. 

Severus choose to ignore Katie and she was talking to Albus anyway. It was a good excuse not to talk. Why on earth did Dumbledore put her next to him. He did it on purpose. 

Severus would deny it if it were asked off him. But the woman who was sitting next to him was his weakness. It would become the death of him one day. It was better to ignore her. Better for him, better for her and for Potter. It would be so confusing for Potter to see him with his godmother, even though he didn't knew she was his godmother yet. But for the future, it was better if he stayed out of their lives. They had a future, he doesn't.