Ozpin is a Dick

You offered your hand to Ruby, she seemed hesitant at first, but slowly took your hand.

  Y/n: Her skin is so soft.

  You attempted to gently pull her to her feet, but the grunt and groaned she let out told you that you had failed.

  Y/n: Are you okay?

  Ruby: Yeah, my ribs still hurt from my dad's be-

  She cut herself off, looking to the ground fearfully.

  Y/n: Your dad's what?

  She whimpered fearfully.

  Y/n: Ruby...

  Your voice was soft, comforting, but held a firmness behind it.

  Y/n: What did your dad do?

  Y/n: I'm honestly afraid to find out.

  She looked at you from the side, her gorgeous silver eyes filled with tears.

  Ruby: H-he blames me for my moms... death.... so he takes his anger and frustrations out on me... by hitting me.

  Ruby was openly bawling now, covering her face with her hands.

  Y/n: Jesus Christ... I know things have changed, but I would have thought Tai would have still been a good father... poor thing.  I wish I could help her get over her trauma right here and now, but there aren't any shortcuts for these kinds of things.  A hug will have to suffice for now.

  You wrapped your arms around Ruby gently, not wanting to agitate her bruises. You could feel Ruby stiffen and tremble in your arms.

  Ruby's P.O.V

  Why does dad hate me? I'm his daughter, and yet he hates me.  Y/n probably hates me now too.  All I'm capable of right is crying and being pointless.  Why would he care?  Why would he want to be my friend? Not even my own sister wants anything to do with me!  All she does is laugh at me, mock me... abuse me.

  So why do I even try anymore?  Y/n is just going to leave me, just like everyone does.  Or he's gonna beat me up too, like my "family."  There is no way he'd care about me.

  I can feel red hot tears flowing down my cheeks, but all I can do is hide my ugly little face from Y/n.

  I hate this, I hate being me, I hate not having a mom, and I hate having a family that doesn't care.  I wish I had succe-...

  Oh my god.  He's hugging me.... it feels so good. So warm, so safe, please, if there is a god out there, don't let me mess this up.  Please Y/n, I know I don't deserve it, but please don't stop, I need this, I need it so badly.

  I can feel myself tremble, years of pain and loneliness being brought to the surface and withering under the overbearing weight of his compassion.

  Here I am, a useless girl, standing with a cute boy, a boy that stopped me from killing myself, a boy that is being so supportive of me, and I'm just standing here crying into his chest.

  Maybe I can manage to make a friend?  All I got to do is not be useless for five seconds, maybe I can manage it.  He has turned away yet, so there must be a chance, right?  Cmon Ruby, you can do this.

  Ruby: T-t-th-ank y-ou.

  I can't even SPEAK clearly, I...

  My thoughts were derailed by a sound I thought I'd never hear again.... a comforting coo.

  H-he's trying to comfort me? ME!?  I don't deserve this... I'm so selfish, he's wasting his time trying to fix me, and I'm refusing to warn him of how pointless that is.  Pointless.... just like me.

  Y/n: You don't need to thank me Rubes, I'm happy to help.  You need it.

  He wants to help me!  Oh Lord, he WANTS TO HELP ME... wait, did he call me Rubes?  He's already given me a nickname!

  Ruby: I promise, I'll be the bestest friend in the world, I won't let you down.

  Y/n: Don't strain yourself, just be YOU, and everything will be fine.

  Y/n P.O.V

  Just be you!? What am I, a cringy inspirational speaker!?

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

  You were interrupted from your internal monologue by Ruby tightening her grip on you.

  Ruby: I'll try...

  That went better than expected...

  ???: Excuse me, but I'll have to ask you both to come with me.

  Y/n: I know that voice... oh god it's Goodwitch.

  Ruby: o-of course.

  Time skip brought to you by chibi Tai getting mauled by Beowulves

  Y/n: huh... the rooms are bigger than I thought it was going to be.....

  You and Ruby were sat side by side in the interrogation room from the first episode of RWBY.  Glynda had skipped the "you did good but I'm still mad" speech because Ruby... got her ass kicked.  Her cute, oddly perfect ass.  Butt enough about Ruby's behind.  In front of you two sat, a surprisingly intimidating, Ozpin.

  Y/n: Don't tell me he's a jackass too...

  Ozpin: do you know why you're here?

  Y/n: you want to use Rubes eyes to defeat an enemy that refuses to die?

  Shit... did I say that out loud?

  Ozpin and Glynda glared at you, you simply gave them an innocent smile.

  Ozpin: anyway... I wanted to ask you if you wanted to join Beacon Academy?

  Ruby: d-do you think I'm ready?

  Ozpin: not at all, but now is the best time.

  Y/n: I'm going to kill em...  I'm going to rip his arms off and beat him to death with them.  Hurting my Ruby... I mean, Ruby's feelings.

  Ozpin: you're welcome to join as well, Mr?

  Y/n: say something witty, or something serious?

  Fine, serious it is.

  Y/n: Crimson, Y/n Crimson.

  Ozpin: *scratching his chin* Crimson?  Well Mr. Crimson, my offer stands.

  You looked over to Ruby, seeing the pleading look in her teary eyes.

  Y/n: this girl is going to be the death of me, ain't she?

  Y/n: fine, if only to look out for Ruby.

  Ozpin: wonderful