Chapter 5- Solution

Love is an obstacle.

Unicorn had heard everything.  He was now in his planning room, planning out the perfect way to ask Goldy out without letting out that he was eavesdropping.

"She likes me!  She likkkkkkeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss-"

"Who likes you?"  Goldy.  He turned around, smiling.  Goldy's hand was now in a fist.  Now she knew why Tina hated her.  "So, you have a crush on someone, and they like you back..."  He nodded up and down vigorously, hugging her tight.  She was very confused.  Then, he ran out of the room.

If Goldy had stayed there to look around, she may have gotten rid of that jealousy within her, for the name of Unicorn's love was on the wall, but nooooo she left.

"Hm, what's this?"  There was a book under Unicorn's desk.  Goldy, being the nosy little child she was, flipped to the first page.

A war starts because of hatred, the feeling of being rejection.  The tears of a youth at the hour of two, will summon the worst of their past to curse their people.  The war will continue, each side desperate to win the ultimate prize.  Love.  Any attraction from before will blossom into a crush, which will become love at the moment before the worst.  When the worst arrives, a tie is imminent.  To win the war, a figure of power must be sacrificed.

Goldy immediately realized that this was the situation she was in.  Wait- does that mean she was attracted to Unicorn before!?!?!?!?

And what's a figure of power?

WHO IS THE FIGURE OF POWER?!

She ran upstairs in a rush, searching for UnicornMann.

Unicorn was giddy with joy, singing and jumping in circles around Tina, who was very much conflicted between feeling annoyed or happy for him.  She would've settled on both if Goldy had been there a second late.

"UNICORN!"  She screamed.  "WHAT'S THIS?!"  She held out the book.  Unicorn just laughed.

"It's an old story by an author named..."  He looked at the name on the cover.  "Megan Brokenheart.  It's about an agender youth who was rejected by it's gynosexual crush-"

"WAT"

"Okay...  In other words, this young child is upset because of the feeling of rejection, and a demon shows up to turn their life upside down.  And I don't really want to spoil it.  You should read it!"

"I did!  What's a figure of power?"

"Uhm, that depends.  For example, Tina could be a figure of power because she's dominant, and is in charge of the Slingshot Squad."  Goldy shot a glance at the girl.  "But Ryan could also since in a way, he can manipulate Tina, and is the owner of the Daycare."  She looked at Ryan.  "But I could also be one since I literally have powers."  She stared into his eyes.

"..."

"Or, it could be you.  You're in control of my heart."  He winked through the mask, and Goldy ALMOST missed that.  Then she ran away, face crimson red.

But there was something darker behind her little crush.  Would she have to sacrifice one of her friends to end this war?  She really didn't want to say goodbye to anyone.  Ryan and Tina were getting closer, and Tina was starting to be nicer.  But on the other end, Unicorn seemed to mean much more to her than he ever had before.

"Ooooooooo-"

"Shut up, Tina."

"OOOOOOOOOOO-"  Ryan joined her.

"SHUT UP!"  Goldy giggled.

"A match made in heaven, you two."

"UNICORN WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!"

"Come here Cutie~!"  Goldy just laughed at the situation, much to Unicorn's enjoyment.

"But Unicorn, what is this?"  She insisted on the book.

"A book."

"No, I mean, summarize it."

"Alright.  I'll try.  Get this through your head."  He laughed.  "A person is rejected by their crush, because they had no chance to begin with.  This causes a feeling of rejection deep within it's heart.  But this person slowly goes from having a crush on this person to falling in love, all the while, the people around them start to fight, a lot.  Each person will stop being friendly and positive, and they'd fight, and fight, and fight.  However, those who also had attractions to other people will start to fall in love, but that's just some stuff on the sidelines."  At this point, Tony and Kat snuck past the group, holding hands.  Tina noticed.  "At first they were okay with it, but then other people started showing up, and if they stay and manage to earn someone else's love, who belongs to someone else, then that person will be crushed, starting another conflict, spreading like a virus.  To end it, the protagonist is forced to sacrifice their crush."

Goldy thought everything through. 

Tina rejected Goldy's wish to play a game, and Goldy's low-key attraction to Unicorn is slowly becoming love, assuming other people were starting to fall in love as well, everybody's been fighting, and those other people are trying to hit on Tina, Ryan, and herself.  Why not Unicorn...?  And if they succeed, then the world will slowly fall into war.  And...

"Unicorn, if I was maybe probably hypo- high- hyper-"

"Hypothetically.  Goldy, you're 13 now-"

"High-poh-theh-tik-kah-lee in this situation, who would I have to sacrifice?"

"Anyone in power."  That didn't help her.  Not at all.  Everyone had some form of power, especially over her.  "Anyways, why are you so interested in this anyway?  Don't tell me you're going to make some sort of stupid experiment with potions and machines and-"

"Nooooooooooo- maybe.  That'd be fun."

"Then what were you thinking?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-"

"GOLDY SHUT UP!"  Tina shouted, saving Goldy.

"Tea kettle!"  She giggled.  Ryan just laughed.

"Kay guys, I'mma go now, byeee!"  Goldy waved goodbye to her friends, and ran out the door.

"And that- was another day atttttt- uhhhh yea!"

~

"So you figured it out, huh?"   The figure was back, sitting on Goldy's couch.

"Who are you?"

"Your worst nightmare.  And a part of your past."

"Then, who?  Chicken?"

"No.  I killed him."

"WHAT!?  Is that why he disappeared?"

"He was in the way of us."

"..."  Who was this guy?  And what relation did he have to Goldy?

"You're my friend, and nobody else's.  That boyfriend of yours is going to have to go.  And you know what?  Everyone else there too."  Goldy looked up, looking into where the eyes of the figure would be, now seeing glowing red and blue orbs, reminding her of an old stalker who was once her friend.