Chapter 9- Love is an Obstacle

Only a player can get through the obstacle.  The player is more powerful than their cards, after all.

Everyone had started fighting again.

Goldy knew the reason, though she wish she didn't.

"A figure of power..."  She assessed everybody in the room.

"What are you staring at?"  Tina questioned agressively.

"What are you getting at?"  Unicorn stepped in front of her.  Oh yeah.  They're dating now.

"Tina--"

"Ryan, I love you to bits, and I don't want to hurt you.  Please give me some space before I RIP SOMETHING IN HALF!"  Kat started to cry.  Tony was there for her, but he couldn't help but get angry at his sister for making his crush cry.  They're not dating.  Yet.

Ryan obeyed Tina's orders, muttering a statement as he left, blushing crimson.

Immediately, Tina's scowl became a huge grin.

"I HEARD THAT!"  She turned, and tackled Ryan to the ground, who, by the way, did not object.

"Took you long enough."

"Shut up!"

"Haha!"

"Hey!  Hands off my sister!"

"Oh n--"

"Tony..."

Again, a heated argument.  At this, Goldy rushed downstairs to Unicorn's lab.

"Goldy, wait!"  He followed.

~

Goldy had made a random potion.  Of course, Unicorn didn't question this fact.  He thought that she must have been bored, and wanted something to occupy herself.

"Did the fight up there scare ya or something?"  She shook her head, turning to Unicorn with the now finished potion in her hand.

"I know why it's happening."

"Why?"

"That book.  It's some sort of magic, prophecy, thingy."

"Uh huh."

"UnicornMann, I'm not joking!"  She yelled, punching a hole in the ground.

"Woah woah, okay, I believe you!"  She poured the potion into the ground, and it began to expand.  Leading him out of the room, she explained.

"Casper disguised himself, lead me into some card game thing."

"What?"

"Everybody is a card.  We've won it, kind of.  We're all on the same side now, but we're still fighting.  It said we need to sacrifice..."

"A figure of power..."  She nodded.  The inside of the lab now glowed a dim hue behind the doors.

"Whoever goes in there next will be sacrificed to end this all."

"We should probably--"

"Tell Tyan?  Yeah."

"Ye-- wait wh-"  Goldy ran upstairs, tugging Ryan and Tina down to the lab.

"Goldy, what did you want to--"  Tina paused, taking a good look at the glowing lab.

After explaining everything, Tina immediately answered.

"I'll do it."

"What?!  Tina, no!"  He grabbed her hand.

"Why?  I'm the leader of the Slingshot Squad, and I'm dominant.  Look, I couldn't live without you.  You were able to deny your feelings.  You can move on, no matter how much I H A T E the sight of you with someone else, I want you to live, Cutie."