chapter six

[ note - i am not a medical professional. do not believe every single thing i've written in this chapter. i did do quite a bit of research for this chapter and went off several articles for information, but a few things mentioned were me exaggerating for the dramatic factor of this being fiction. not everything is completely accurate.
i know everyone with this illness is affected differently. if you know anyone who has dealt with this personally, i promise i was not trying to offend you or seem disrespectful and did my best to explain and i am sorry if i upset any of you. this illness is something that can be managed and isn't not a particularly life threatening issue, but for my character i made the decision that it was. i did my best with this chapter after a lot of research, and i hope it is more than satisfactory.
comments/votes are greatly appreciated x ]

Maybe Frank wasn't the smartest teenager, but what teenager was smart? You're in your prime to make mistakes! To learn and grow, try new things and learn about the consequences that follow for bad decisions and behavior. Most of the time, the consequences aren't exactly fatal, but you make your bed and have to lie in it. Nobody forced Frank to do anything.

He was always a bit of a punk, a rebel. He did what he wanted and purposely broke some rules. Despite his reputation, he did perform well in school but he could never let his friends know that. Frank wasn't exactly a bad boy, per say. But he was a very rebellious outcast. It made him feel powerful, even if he did get picked on a majority of the time. Then again, if you were to make an ass of yourself regularly, who wouldn't make fun of you?

So he got hooked on some not-so-great hobbies and activities at a young age, his group of friends following suit. Having to rely on older siblings or one of the friends from the group stealing from parents to get what they wanted, since none of them were old enough at the time.

-

When Gerard returned the next day, Frank was prepared to be bombarded with all sorts of strange questions. He wasn't sure what the topic of the questions would be, he just knew the man had a lot of time to think about them before he came back. And when Frank saw him, he was carrying a messenger bag over his shoulder. Oh great, what did he bring now? Walking to meet his friend halfway in the center of the cemetery with a smile.

"What's with the bag?" Frank couldn't help but ask, watching Gerard adjust the strap on his shoulder as they made their way over to their usual spot.

"I brought my laptop today! I figured we could sit and do some research together." Gerard's tone was cheerful, he was excited of course. Sitting down beside Frank and hauling out a few notebooks and the aforementioned laptop, which had Frank peering over curiously at what his screensaver was. Glancing at the few stickers scattered over the cover and the inside. Most were band names, quite a few Frank never heard of.

"But, then I realized it probably wouldn't work out here, so I have questions instead. I actually wrote them down so I wouldn't forget." Gerard laughed awkwardly, setting the laptop aside and picking up one of his notebooks. Frank noticed the rough sketches and writing all over the cover and inside pages, watching his friend flip to the page he wanted that had a decent sized list of questions. And then he saw it, doodled right at the top corner next to the title of the list, which was labeled "Questions to ask Frank"

"Is that a drawing of Casper?" Frank asked, pointing to it before staring at Gerard, his expression unimpressed already. Gerard glanced at the paper and then back at Frank and an apologetic face, smiling nervously and covering it with his hand like it would help anything now. "No, pff... Of course it isn't." Side eyeing the other, folding the piece over and clearing his throat. "Moving on."

Frank just rolled his eyes, scooting closer to Gerard and awaited the first question.

"Okay, so my first question. What can you do as a ghost? Are there any perks at all so far?"