💚 4. Business trip!?

(I was contemplating doing angst but I thought, why not. I don't mind crying myself to sleep anyway ಥ_ಥ. Enjoy!!)

Herc's POV

"Hercules!" Laffy called from the other room. He was watching tv while I was sowing in our shared room.

"Yes sweetpea?" I responded from the other room.

"I umm, I need to talk to you. Like, right now" uh oh, what did I do? I-is he breaking up with me?! Oh god. Jeez Hercules get it together. Okay, okay. Just act cool. Everything is going to be fine. Right. Yeah. Totall-

"Hercy? Mon amour?" He asked, worriedly.

"Oh umm yes! I'm here. Coming." ....sweet Jesus. Calm down.

 I softly trembled as I slowly made my way to the living room, where Lafayette was laying down on the couch. He looked so adorable there.

I plopped myself down on the couch, next to him, and mustered up a small smile. He looked up at me with his indulgent brown eyes but they where glossy and wet, had he been crying?

"What wrong, my love?" I queried, a worried expression on my face.

"W-well, you see, umm I had a job offer" He started. 

"That great honey! Wow, your back in business" I said, genuinely happy that Laffy got a job. But then why was he so sad about it?

"Aren't you supposed to be, well, happy?" I questioned. He has always wanted a new job. I am so confused right now. He laughed sadly.

"The thing is, to work for this job.....I have to go back to France..."

Silence

WHAT.

"Wait, what. You're leaving. When?" I panicked. This can't be happening. He's leaving. For how long? Will he even come back to America?

 "I'm leaving in a couple of hours. I already told the gang. I was nervous to tell you so I thought I would tell you last. I'm so sorry" he started to cry, tears staining his caramel cheeks. I wrapped my arms around his petite body and pulled him into a warm embrace. My Laffy was really leaving to go to France. We sat there and just hugged each other, and cried, for a while. We made sure we both had Skype and would always message each other to see if we were doing ok. It still wasn't ever going to be the same. Ever.

2 weeks later

I came home from work in my now lonely apartment. I had already texted Laff today, god thinking about him is making me sad. I decided to go on Instagram to try and forget about my sorrows. This is the first thing to come up on my feed..

 This is the first thing to come up on my feed

I smiled. 

Miss you too.