Guilt

The nausea was the worst part of it- nausea he felt every time he thought of Bob, of the goddam place. Percy was so sick about it, he thought he was going to actually be sick. His stomach had been churning nonstop ever since he had returned from Tartarus, and it was getting to the point where he could hardly eat anything anymore.

If anyone thought Percy was acting strange, they simply chalked it up to his PTSD. They didn't really know the other thing that was bothering Percy: he felt like he had cut corners-like he hadn't really defeated Gaia but just took an easy way out by letting his friends close Tartarus. It felt like a coward's win to him. It felt more like running away than it did winning.

Percy didn't really know where to go from here. He didn't know what to do. So, he did the thing he knew how to do, the thing that calmed him the most: training.

"Seaweed Brain," Annabeth sighed as she walked towards him, "You know you don't have to keep training now, right? We defeated Gaia. We came out. Relax for a while, Percy. Being on guard is good, but overworking yourself is not going to work. Rest for some time."

Percy cut off the last dummy's head.

Thwank.

It fell to the floor with a sickening thud, and Annabeth watched it, a disturbed expression on her face.

Percy grabbed a towel to wipe his face. He was sweating a lot more than usual for some reason, and the continuous training for over two hours hadn't really done much to help his queasy stomach. Nothing would. Nothing would absolve him of this guilt churning in his gut.

"I know," he gasped, still trying to catch his breath, "I just...I don't know what else to do right now."

"Celebrate," Annabeth said with a small shrug, a soft expression on her face."It's over. We'll go on a date, or we'll hang out with Grover, or-yeah! We could visit your mom and Paul! She hasn't met Frank or Hazel or Reyna yet, has she?" Annabeth rushed, an excited glint in her eyes that made Percy want to smile ridiculously.

"No, she hasn't." Percy agreed, a small smile beginning to form on his face.

Annabeth smiled. "So, we'll visit her today? I've missed her. We can wait till the Romans come, then we can take our group too. I bet they'll get addicted to your mom's blue cookies. They are definitely the most amazing things I've ever had in my life."

Percy smiled and shook his head. "Not today. We're visiting Juniper, remember? I haven't seen Grover ever since I went.... missing."

Annabeth pouted. "You're right. He was torn, you know. The bond- he said that it was like you had...died" she said, her voice strained, stumbling on her last word.

"Hey, I'm here now, right? That's all that matters." Percy said softly, pulling Annabeth into a hug. The queasiness in his stomach seemed to rise again.

Guilt.

"Eww, get your arms off of me! You stink and you're sticky with sweat!"

Percy hugged her tighter.

"Let go Percy" she said firmly.

"Nah, I'll pass" he whispered in her ear and pressed a kiss to her cheek.

"Perseus Jackson let go of me this second or I'll-" Annabeth started in a rush.