Sparring

Jab. Slash. Dodge. Side step. Duck. Repeat.

Percy and Jason were sparring. It was night now, about 10'o clock, and everyone was starting to move back to their cabins to rest for the night.

Well, everyone except Jason, Percy and Will. Will was standing against a tree, watching the two spar with worry. Earlier, he would have been excited to see the Son of Poseidon and Son of Jupiter sparring, but now that he knew of Percy's condition, he was worried. He knew that Percy was more tired than he let on.

He hadn't been happy with his idea, but he had given in when he saw Percy's seal eyes. They begged with Will not to take the one thing that Percy was relaxed with. He decided to let Percy spar, with one condition. He would watch over their sparring. Percy was reluctant, but agreed to it. But that didn't mean Will was happy with Percy. He didn't want Percy stressing himself in his situation.

Percy ducked as Jason brought his sword in an arc and grinned.

"Not bad, Sparky! You are getting the touch of a Greek warrior." He complimented. Jason grinned back.

"Too bad I am going to defeat you anyway, Jackson." He said and jabbed his sword again.

Percy side stepped and smirked. "In your dreams, Grace."

Jason smiled. While the Romans were disciplined and strict, the Greeks were easygoing and free. But they made up to it with their enthusiasm.

Jason at times thought that the Greek nature was useful in battles. They didn't have strategic planning, they just entered the battle with enthusiasm(but maybe with a little planning with the help of the Athena cabiners). It made them unpredictable, which was an advantage for them. Whereas the Romans had planned strategy, formations, methodologies, etc. It made them predictable, so he would say that it was both an advantage and a disadvantage, if that makes sense.

He could remember the first time he participated in CHB's Capture the Flag. He had been so confused. He didn't understand what the opponents were doing. Ofcourse, he had stayed in CHB for a while when he had amnesia, but still. And Percy was with the Greeks team. Percy had been quick to learn Roman ways and strategy. So the Greeks had managed to defeat the Romans.

"So we can use our powers, right?" Jason questioned.

"What kind of sparring would it be if no powers are used?" Percy said, ignoring the nasty look Will threw his way and continued to jab his sword repeatedly at Jason.

Jason smirked. "Right." He said and started to hover in the air. Percy pushed back his fatigue, and summoned the water from the creak.

Will wanted to intervene and stop this madness, but he resisted. He had promised Percy that he would not interrupt their sparring until things got really bad.

Percy knew he was stalling. He did remember the promise he had made Will. He had promised to tell Jason tonight. And tonight was coming to an end rapidly. He knew he should get it over with and tell Jason, but he was.. well, scared.

He promised himself that he would tell Jason after they sparred.

He knew he wasn't going to tell anyone else anytime soon. Especially Annabeth. She would support him, of course, but she'd flip out and start being paranoid and hysterical about everything. She'd start crying and freaking out. Annabeth was a naturally smart and rational person. No, he couldn't do that to her. Especially after what she had been through in Tartarus.

She had almost lost him once. She had told Percy that it was her worst nightmare, losing him. She hadn't lost him in there, but now... there was a possibility that he could die. Really die. He didn't want to do that to her.