L e v e l - 13

"What are we doing here?" Blythe asked. Changbin brought them to the courtyard not far from the school's event hall.

"This is where you met all of us." Changbin answered. "I thought it's be nice to bring you here."

"Oh yeah, when you said you didn't like my smile." Blythe chuckled. The memories from a couple months ago came back to her as she remembered how the boys first seemed.

"Do you remember how I said I'd let you listen to a song I wrote?" Changbin asked. Blythe nodded.

"Yeah, you said you'd send it to me." Blythe answered. The girl sat on the bench under the tree and watched as Changbin walked towards the car. "Binnie?"

"Let me sing it for you right now." Changbin brought out a guitar and took a seat beside her. "I didn't get to send it because I had to change it."

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead." Blythe said.

Changbin smiled before taking a deep breath. His fingers moved smoothly along the strings as he plucked them. A slow and sad melancholic melody filled the quiet place.

Believe me when I say "I love you"
Eight letters that made me a fool
When I thought you'd love me too
I didn't want to face the bitter truth

Because
You never loved me anyway
I'm done with this stupid little game
I can't keep acting like I'm okay
It hurts and I'll never say but
why do I want you to stay?

I hated saying goodnight
In fear of waking up with goodbye
I guess I have to accept it this time
Your heart will never be mine

Because
You never loved me anyway
I'm done with this stupid little game
I can't keep acting like I'm okay
It hurts and I'll never say but
why do I want you to stay?

Changbin swayed as he played what seemed to be the instrumental. In the inside, the boy was afraid. He had to say this sooner or later.

Because
You never loved me anyway
I can't keep this for another day
One day I promise I'll be okay
It hurts but I'll have to say that
You don't have to stay

It hurts but I'll have to say that
I'm letting you go his way

Blythe was speechless. She didn't know how to respond to Changbin's sudden confession. She expected rap since it was his forte but to hear his singing voice was a surprise. A pang of guilt hit her chest as the boy looked up at her with a smile.

"It was short but I couldn't keep writing. It felt like my heart would burst." Changbin chuckled. "Go to him. He's where you belong."

"Binnie..." Blythe trailed off.

"I'm not mad at you, Blythe. I'm thankful I came to love you." Changbin reassured. He propped the guitar on the trunk of the tree and scooted closer to her. "I'm moving on already. You don't have to worry about me anymore okay?"

"I'm sorry for leading you on." Blythe mumbled, holding her tears back. She didn't want to ruin Hyunjin's hard work on her makeup. "I'm sorry for giving you hope."

"You came into my life as a lesson I won't regret. Thank you." Changbin cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. "You came into our lives and made us remember what we are."