Chapter Eighteen

Zion's POV

I wake up with Aaliyah in my arms. She had tear stains on her face and seeing her like this hurts my heart.

I look at my phone and see it is 9:36 am. Great. I have about a hour to get back to her house which should be easy.

I slip out of her arms and tip toe out of her house careful to not wake up her and Myah.

I lock the front door behind me and hop in my car and drive to the prettymuch house.

I walk in and see Edwin dancing in the kitchen.

"AYE AYE, how's Aaliyah?" He asked me.

I sighed loudly and said "a little bit better."

I soon walked to Nick's room.

When I open the door he's laying on his bed and is on his phone.

"What the fuck Nick?!?!" I say to him as calmly as I can which is not that calm.

"Zion... you're back." He said uneasy.

"Clearly nigga." I said with a dull face.

He was about to say something but I cut him off.

"I said you could date her under one condition, only if you won't break her heart and that's what you turn around and do?" I started.

"Nigga she was deadass in love with you, she saw a future with you then you break up with her without giving her a reason but 'we just have to okay'. Nigga now you have a amazing girl thinking she's not worth anything." I said getting frustrated.

"Zion I can explain." He said to me.

"You've got one minute to explain before I beat your ass." I said with a straight face.

"I broke up with her because of you." He said looking at me.

"Fuck you mean 'because of me'?" I said with a sarcastic laugh.

"Me and her didn't have nothing going on, we are just best friends." I said.

"I know you like her Zion." He said to me.

"Yes I like her but I've never acted on it because bro code, oh yeah did I also mention me and her are best friends." I said putting the best friends part in emphasis.

"That's the thing, you guys shouldn't be best friends."

"Now you're tryna dictate who she can be friends with? Fuck outta here." I laughed coldly.

"That's not what I meant." He facepalmed himself.

"I mean you guys shouldn't be friends, she should be your girlfriend." He started.

"Nigga, fuck you talking abou-" I was saying but he cut me off.

"Zion, I see the chemistry between you guys, deep down I know she likes you, and me being with her was just keeping you guys away from each other." He said finishing his rant.

"But why would you do that if you were happy with her?" I asked him.

"Because I wouldn't want to keep her to myself if she was just partially happy than with you and you both are the happiest you can be." He smiled clearly sad.

"Now that's bro code." I said smiling with him and dabbing him up.

"Anything for your guys happiness."

"I appreciate it." I said to him.

"No problem bro."

I grabbed some clothes from room my room to bring back to Aaliyah's house.