Chapter 6: Hate

Izuku and company had soon resumed their trek through the forest, they still hadn’t taken care of the goblin gang which attacked them upon entering, Izuku was confused to why they attacked them in the first place, many adventurers had travelled through these woods without any commotion.

“We’re almost at the end of the forest, Kamino is straight ahead,” said Yagi, folding his map and putting it back into his pocket.

“That’s good, I’m kinda nervous in fighting this ‘Dragon Tamer’ guy though,” he rubs the back of his head sheepishly.

“Don’t worry Midoriya! You will have the Burning Blade as your wield! And with the amazing form and technique you’ve adopted, there is no way you can lose! Have faith my friend.” Iida said while chopping his hands up and down in usual Iida fashion.

The word friend made Izuku feel warm inside, he had avoided making any after what happened 3 months ago with Ochaco, so having someone else to call him a friend felt nice, he looked over to the knight and beamed, “Thanks Iida! That made me feel better.”

“Glad to help!” He continued looking forward.

“Young Midoriya, the fight will probably attract many spectators, you will have to learn to fight under watchful eye,” Yagi stated, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Izuku looked confused, “Why would it attract a big crowd?” He tilted his head.

The mentor shrunk into his skinny form and spat out blood, “CRAP I forgot to tell you!” He started muttering, Izuku looked on cluelessly.

“Hey hey! Yagi that’s my job!” Izuku snapped him back from his muttering spree,Yagi looked at Izuku.

“A fight with the Dragon Tamer is a fight to the death,” Yagi states, Izuku gaspes.

“W-WHAT! Why didn’t you tell me?” Izuku started panicking, he was comforted by Iida.

“Well, for one, it slipped my mind," Izuku didn't seemed convinced, he scoffed and looked forward, starting to mutter on his own.

"But to answer your question, because of the ‘fight to the death rule’, no-one really challenges the guy, so whenever someone does, many kingdoms come from around the land to watch,” he points his finger up.

“So, let me get this straight, I have to risk my LIFE in front of A LOT of peaople, to gain WORTHINESS from a guy who wants to KILL me, and then go to his realm, and risk my LIFE again!?” Izuku smacks his head in his palm, “Man, being the chosen one his hard,” He murmurs.

“It is necessary, think of what’s on the line here Midoriya,” Iida speaks up.

“I am! It’s just, I don’t think I can, I’m just an 18 year old guy who lost the two people who truly care about him, and now I’m forced to do something without their support, it's a lot to think about,” he slumped, thinking of his mother and Ochaco, the two had been his two pillars of support for his whole life, but he couldn’t count on them now.

Yagi’s expression softened, Iida spoke up, “Well, it may not be much, but you have our support Midoriya,” the knight put his hand on his other shoulder.

Izuku smiled, he looked up to his two friends, a few tears leaked out of his eye, “T-Thanks guys,” he sniffled and wiped his eyes, he looked forward, ready to tackle this Dragon Tamer head on.

They had reached the end of the forest, Iida stopped to stretch, but was stopped when he heard a familiar splat from behind his back, ‘Not again!’ He turned around and took out his sword.

“More goblins!” He called out to the other two, who instantly got in their fighting stance.

In the trees, a single goblin stood, he was gargantuan, the green mass slowly stomped towards Iida. The blue haired man slowly looked up, slightly shuddering as he swung at the giant goblin, connecting the sword at its arm, he was met with a shockwave of recoil, his sword shattered.