Chapter 11

to start out: happy lesbian visibility day!! whether you identify with this or not you are valid and loved!!

Mia had spent the last few nights at Mikaela's place but she wouldn't have it any other way.

It was her last week of school before her college classes were over for summer. Finals were upon her and she hadn't even looked at her notes.

She was, as simply as you put it, fucked.

Her last day was that coming Friday and all 3 of her finals ended up on that same day.

"I don't even know where to begin," Mia complained as she opened her back pack.

Mik took the cigarette out of her mouth as she lay on her bed, looking down at Mia on the floor next to her. It was almost 11pm

"Stay positive. And calm. You'll do fine."

Mia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I don't know about that," Mia said under her breath.

"Take a break from studying," Mik said, now rolling onto her stomach to look straight at Mia, her head in her hands.

"A break? I just started!"

Mikaela huffed, "But I'm bored."

"And I'm trying not to fail! I have just this week of school left and then I'm all yours this summer," Mia said, putting on her glasses to study.

"You're already all mine," KP responded.

Mia looked up from her notes. "I mean... technically..."

"Technically what?" Mik said defensively. "Are you seeing someone else?"

The conversation had quickly turned and Mia could feel the tension.

"What? No! I'm not - " Mia shouted back.

Mik yelled back, "Then why'd you say that?"

"Because! We aren't, well, officially together," Mia said, now calming her voice. "You're the only one I'm with but we aren't official yet," she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

Mikaela's face quickly softened as she realized what Mia meant. "Oh... you mean I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend? Fuck, have I really not asked you yet?" Mik said sarcastically.

Mia rolled her eyes, "Mhm, ok, can I study now?"

Mikaela crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows at Mia.

"What? Stop looking at me like that!" Mia said. "Ugh! I shouldn't have said anything," she stated, looking down at her notes.

"If I'm gonna ask you, you aren't gonna know about it. It would be a surprise," Mik said to Mia, the sarcasm gone.

Mia looked up at her, her eyes gleaming. "I don't know how I feel about surprises..."

"Oh trust me, you'd like this surprise."

"What surprise? What are you planing?" Mia questioned, her notes now thrown on the floor.

"Do you not understand what a surprise is? I'm not telling you shit," Mikaela said proudly. "You'll just have to wait and see baby."

Mia smiled at the word 'baby,' it made her feel all tingly. "Fine. But at least give me a little hint?"

Mikaela sat back, thinking. "Hm... ok. Fine. Only one hint."