CHAPTER TWO

FIRE AND BLOOD
( CHAPTER TWO ) 
"YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWN
I'M GONNA RUN THIS NOTHING TOWN
WATCH ME MAKE 'EM BOW ONE BY ONE"

FIRE AND BLOOD( CHAPTER TWO ) "YOU SHOULD SEE ME IN A CROWNI'M GONNA RUN THIS NOTHING TOWNWATCH ME MAKE 'EM BOW ONE BY ONE"

290, KING'S LANDING

KING'S LANDING SMELT LIKE SHIT. Aerea had nearly gagged as she walked through the Gate of the Gods, the stench had nearly overwhelmed her senses. She supposed that either she had been used to it as a child or that the smell had gotten so terrible under the Usurper's reign. She shot said man a suspicious look, not entirely doubting the thought that he had purposefully caused the unpleasant smell of the city.

She'd have to find a way to fix that, somehow, she realized, distastefully. There was no way her city would be a shithole. She didn't know where to start but she figured she could plan that out later, once everything settled down.

She looked around remembering the days she would used to run around King's Landing without a care in the world. The people had loved her, then, there would always be smiles when the young princess had come to the markets or to play with the common children. Now, they looked at her with fear, many of them fleeing at the sight of the Targaryen banners being held up by the Martell and Tyrell soldiers. She didn't know how she felt about that.

I'll be a good queen to you all, she vowed silently, her eyes falling upon one specific child standing atop a cart, staring at her with wide, mournful green eyes. She looked away, letting out a breath before turning her attention back to the Usurper, who was walking steadily in front of Aerea with the rest of his small council and Kingsguard. She knew that she should technically be at the forefront but Aerea didn't trust the man enough not to shove his sword through her back so she walked with Willas, Oberyn, Theodor and Astara directly behind them, leading the Martell and Tyrell armies through the streets of King's Landing and toward the Red Keep.

She was sure to be on her guard, though, because walking through the city streets and being in the Red Keep would possibly be the most dangerous moments thus far. Her dragons were too large to fly down and defend her in the streets and she wasn't going to let them burn down the entire city. All she would have for defense was her soldiers but she would hope that the Usurper and his men wouldn't be rash enough to attack her because even if she did happen to die, her dragons would burn this continent to the ground without her to control them.

There was a deafening roar as Meraxes swooped down low from the sky. The commoners began shrieking and fleeing into the houses and Aerea looked up, smiling as Meraxes flew back up into the dark clouds above, disappearing. Aerea let out a soft breath as the Red Keep finally came into sight, old memories flooding her head--she wasn't sure if the good ones or bad ones hurt her more anymore.

Astara touched her arm slightly, giving her a small smile, everything will be okay, the woman told Aerea silently and Aerea forced a tight smile onto her face, nodding. No, it won't, she wanted to say because Aerea had a terrible, terrible feeling.